Death Metal >> Next Level In Technical Death Metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 04 April 2011 - 15:33:15
Lately, Ive been looking for some bands that Push Technical Death Metal to the next level. Ones that really Push the boundaries of the genre and breakthough it because bands like Fleshgod Apocalypse, Beyond Creation and Brain Drill are only medium compared to a couple Ive found. So Far I have come across Monumental Torment, Viraemia, Obscura, Slaughterbox, Repulsive Dissection  and Upheaval.

What gems have you found?

Monday 04 April 2011 - 15:47:28
Do you know Origin?

Monday 04 April 2011 - 21:53:40
Well, we have Mitochondrion and Portal. They have taken technical Death Metal and overkilled it. Both bands take on a atmospheric style too.
This is Mitochondrion.

Ulcerate is like a dream come true for me. They take technical death (a bit of Brutal) and merge it with post-metal. You might like 'em (seeing as you like a bit of post-metal).

Friday 08 April 2011 - 01:49:29
hmmm?

Portal? What track because I have heard the album Outre, which wasent really all that technical. Or maybe I was missing something.

(sorry I can't listen to the songs, a stupid proxy server at school blocks them0 )

Also yes, I have heard Origin, they are pretty good and highly technical.

Friday 08 April 2011 - 02:15:02

citation :
miniradman says : hmmm?

Portal? What track because I have heard the album Outre, which wasent really all that technical. Or maybe I was missing something.

That is their least technical album.
You need to listen to Seepia or Swarth for technical

This is their most Insane song

Friday 08 April 2011 - 10:55:07
oh fuck yeah, that was awesome 0

The other songs were really good aswell
thanks mate 0

Saturday 09 April 2011 - 15:12:01
holy hell!

has anyone heard Gorezone, its awesome 0

Saturday 09 April 2011 - 17:44:14

citation :
miniradman says : holy hell!

has anyone heard Gorezone, its awesome 0

FUCK YEAH Gorezone is badass, i love that album. that was definantly one of the best albums to come out last year. i think i did a review of that album too. they remind me of a technical Death Metal version of Devourment

Saturday 09 April 2011 - 19:39:25
Now, I found these guys extremely unique. Why? It sounds like goregrind if it were technical. This whole album is technical but face-crushing at the same time.

Tuesday 12 April 2011 - 14:32:26
yeah its not bad, but it doesn't really Push the boundaries of technical death. Still a good song though, it remindes me of A Breath Before Surfacing 0