Heavy/Power Metal >> NWOAPM (New Wave of American Power Metal)?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 23 May 2011 - 20:11:42

citation :
miniradman says : What the... 0

This is a made up genre, just like NWOBM and Bay Area Thrash 0 0

What the fuck? NWOBHM and Bay Area thrash are legitimate genres with distinct sounds.

Monday 23 May 2011 - 22:34:07

citation :
Enigmatick says :

citation :
miniradman says : What the... 0

This is a made up genre, just like NWOBM and Bay Area Thrash 0 0

What the fuck? NWOBHM and Bay Area thrash are legitimate genres with distinct sounds.

0 0 0 0 0 0 ... Trolling never gets old

Anyway, I know that... I don't exactly know what they sound like in particular but I know they are legitimate subgenres 0

Tuesday 24 May 2011 - 03:47:31
Aw gee whillikers, ya shure got me there...

It's kinda funny cause the only reason that worked is because I wouldn't put it past you to say something like that.

Tuesday 24 May 2011 - 07:44:30

citation :
Enigmatick says : It's kinda funny cause the only reason that worked is because I wouldn't put it past you to say something like that.

ahhhhhh....0  why am I not surprised...

Wednesday 25 May 2011 - 11:18:03

citation :
MothandMoon says : Oh yes, I like that. American Power that sounds European

Oh well, all Power bands are Doomed to sound European, since all the bands that created and defined the genre are from European countries...

I'll check out the music, must be something revolutionary in Power Metal, since it will create a whole new sub genre...0

Thursday 26 May 2011 - 03:17:24

citation :
Raina says :
 Oh well, all Power bands are Doomed to sound European, since all the bands that created and defined the genre are from European countries...

You forgetting about USPM or something?

Thursday 26 May 2011 - 23:57:53

citation :
Enigmatick says :

citation :
Raina says :

You forgetting about USPM or something?

Yes 0

Friday 27 May 2011 - 02:19:22
Forgetting about Liege Lord, Omen, Fates Warning and Crimson Glory? shame on you.

shame.

Tuesday 31 May 2011 - 17:49:32
Fates Warning with John Arch are literally EONS above anything else in Power or progressive metal. There is absolutely NO comparison between a record like The Spectre Within and something like Ecliptica or... anything Dream Theater has ever remotely done.

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 03:56:34
Oh, I agree. The only album I've heard and analyzed is Awaken The Guardian (I have The Spectre Within downloaded, it's been on my iPod for a while but haven't listened to it for some reason) and goddamn that shit's good. Every riff if great, there's TONS in every song and they seamlessly flow in to one another. A truly Progressive Metal album, for sure.