Nerds Central >> Most Influential Historical Figures
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 21 January 2012 - 03:38:15
I'm taking this thread to a more humane level, humanities that is ......

*crickets*

Anywhoser, I'm a social studies education major at my college and I was just curious as to who you all think are some of the world's most influential historical figures.  The word "influential" is the key; they needn't be necessarily "good", just influential in some way

Sunday 22 January 2012 - 09:14:18
When it comes to "the person who in my opinion made the greatest Impact on human society" the first person that comes to mind is Hitler. If it wasn't for him, there wouldn't have been such an Intense arms race, which ultimately lead to some really huge leaps in; technology and ecnomics. But even though he was sort of responsible, I wouldn't really "thank" him for being a Tyrant though

Sunday 22 January 2012 - 23:31:44

citation :
miniradman says : When it comes to "the person who in my opinion made the greatest Impact on human society" the first person that comes to mind is Hitler. If it wasn't for him, there wouldn't have been such an Intense arms race, which ultimately lead to some really huge leaps in; technology and ecnomics. But even though he was sort of responsible, I wouldn't really "thank" him for being a Tyrant though

Haha oh yeah, I agree with you, no way I would shake his Hand haha.  But yes, he did make some Intense accomplishments during his Reign, like what you said.  If he hadn't become chancellor, Germany would have probably still been in shambles after WWI.  He also had several spots in motion pictures like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, as well as Inglorious Basterds

Monday 06 February 2012 - 08:48:15
Scientists' in general
Monday 06 February 2012 - 15:41:56
I <3 Socrates

Monday 06 February 2012 - 17:30:36
Hammurabi and Aristotle, while their ideals may be outdated.

Without a doubt, for better or worse, Jesus Christ. Started out only with a handful of followers then it becomes the largest religion in the world and had a profound Impact on history.

Sunday 12 February 2012 - 01:13:04

citation :
JosefDecker says : Without a doubt, for better or worse, Jesus Christ. Started out only with a handful of followers then it becomes the largest religion in the world and had a profound Impact on history.

May have something to do with his Core apostles threatening Eternal and incomprehensable Torture on anyone who disagreed with the ideology, as opposed to the leading religion at the time, Judaism, a religion that did not have devine afterlife punishment.

Saturday 12 September 2020 - 20:02:33

I would have to say Alan Turing.  Without him, we'd still be using Cliffs Notes.  He's how computers came to be.  Or as people have called them "Turing Machines."  Watch YouTube lectures on Sir Dermot Turing his nephew he wrote a book on his uncle.  Dermot has quite a wit to him.  The Imitation Game gave Alan some recognition as well.