Thrash Metal >> Is St Anger a Thrash or Nu metal album
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Is St Anger a, Thrash Metal Album, Nu Metal Album, Other
Thrash Metal
Nu Metal
Other

Wednesday 12 January 2011 - 04:33:55
True, i don't see any relation either, no rapping, hip-hop influence in the album either, it's almost *shutters* emo-metal....

Thursday 03 February 2011 - 18:10:54
i think is rubbish! so, it's nothing. it's not metal, it's not rock either. it's bunch of guys pretending to be metalheads while they prefer rap.

Thursday 03 February 2011 - 19:32:36

citation :
Nikkola88 says : i think is rubbish! so, it's nothing. it's not metal, it's not rock either. it's bunch of guys pretending to be metalheads while they prefer rap.

You're talking rubbish.

Thursday 03 February 2011 - 21:28:08

citation :
MothandMoon says :

citation :
Nikkola88 says : i think is rubbish! so, it's nothing. it's not metal, it's not rock either. it's bunch of guys pretending to be metalheads while they prefer rap.

You're talking rubbish.

I concur.

Saturday 05 February 2011 - 03:04:09
It's neither thrash nor nu-metal. It's Hard Rock with a thrash aesthetic and production, and that combination isn't really one that works well. It's a terrible album, no doubt, but hey, every big band is allowed at least one screw-up in their career

Saturday 05 February 2011 - 03:52:45

citation :
Enigmatick says : It's neither thrash nor nu-metal. It's Hard Rock with a thrash aesthetic and production, and that combination isn't really one that works well. It's a terrible album, no doubt, but hey, every big band is allowed at least one screw-up in their career

Yay, someone else that agrees that it is hard rock.

Saturday 05 February 2011 - 04:57:17
Wait, two genres that St Anger is supposed to be and it's either Nu Metal or Thrash?
Nu Metal is really Far out of Metallica's zone. Use of synthesizers, simplistic riffs/song structure, 'climaxes' instead of solos... nah, that's not St Anger.
Thrash metal... nope. I shouldn't have to explain why it isn't thrash metal.

I'd say it's hard rock.
Easy, digestable stuff. Marketable radio-play stuff.
Yup, it's Hard Rock all right.

By the way, a magazine came out with the list of 100 best Metallica songs. (I can't believe they had to put 100... couldn't it have just been 20?)
Anyway, the number one song is Creeping Death. What do you guys think about that?

Saturday 05 February 2011 - 05:06:02
I'd say their best song is either ...And Justice For All, Blackened or One. Creeping Death is good, but I love the album ...And Justice For All in in it's entirety.

Saturday 05 February 2011 - 05:08:33
I would say Fade to Black is maybe their best song, if it wasn't one of their 'marketable' ones. I seem to not like a song as much if it's used like that.

A close contender would be Orion. Freakin' love that song.

Saturday 05 February 2011 - 09:01:59
Creeping Death has always been one of my favorites. though i really haven't listened to Metallica much at all in the last couple years. i don't really have a "Favorite" by them anymore... christ, i remeber being 13 and listening to the Master of Puppets album every day when i got home from Middle School back in 7th Grade, that's bringing back some Ancient Memories