Folk & Viking Metal >> How did you discover Pagan / Viking / Folk Metal?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 18 March 2010 - 19:18:20
I have begun to listen Pagan metal with Nokturnal Mortum and Drudkh.
And after I have continued to discover this music with Kampfar, Borknagar, Vintersorg, Kroda and Temnozor.

And you?

Thursday 18 March 2010 - 22:05:26
first band that got me into Folk Metal was Vintersorg, i can't remember how exactly i heard of them, but after that, i was hooked. their album Odemarkens Son is a classic

Tuesday 03 August 2010 - 08:22:15
I was looking at the Nuclear Blast page on Youtube. I came across a song called Blut im Auge by Equilibrium. I fell in love. Then I heard Unbesiegt, and I was love x2. Then I listened to the rest of the songs and I love Folk Metal now.

Tuesday 03 August 2010 - 18:25:01

citation :
Mercenarion says : I was looking at the Nuclear Blast page on Youtube. I came across a song called Blut im Auge by Equilibrium. I fell in love. Then I heard Unbesiegt, and I was love x2. Then I listened to the rest of the songs and I love Folk Metal now.

oh yeah, Equilibrium is epic as Hell, both Sagas and Rekreatur are awesome albums, Blut Im Auge got stuck in my Head for weeks the first time i heard it. they gotta cool video up for that song too

Tuesday 03 August 2010 - 23:25:57
That was at the time when i was a newbie to Metal, i SAW Korpiklaani on TV, and since i've always been a great fan of this Folk and Pagan stuff, i thought i'll check them out, and the rest is history.

Wednesday 04 August 2010 - 19:39:52

citation :
psycho_metal says : That was at the time when i was a newbie to Metal, i SAW Korpiklaani on TV, and since i've always been a great fan of this Folk and Pagan stuff, i thought i'll check them out, and the rest is history.

wow, you have a tv station that plays Folk Metal music videos?

Wednesday 04 August 2010 - 21:06:56

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
psycho_metal says : That was at the time when i was a newbie to Metal, i SAW Korpiklaani on TV, and since i've always been a great fan of this Folk and Pagan stuff, i thought i'll check them out, and the rest is history.

wow, you have a tv station that plays Folk Metal music videos?

Actually, it was on VH1 Rocks

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 18:55:57
huh... never knew they played good music on VH10  i'm sure i don't get that channel anyways... damn Cable company

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 19:16:52
Based off of the Demonic Resurrection site (I don't have VH1 either, damn Canada), VH1 had the video for The Unrelenting Surge of Vengeance playing for a while. I didn't even know they'd put something that amazing on television.

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 19:19:08

citation :
Mercenarion says : Based off of the Demonic Resurrection site (I don't have VH1 either, damn Canada), VH1 had the video for The Unrelenting Surge of Vengeance playing for a while. I didn't even know they'd put something that amazing on television.

wow, they had demonic ressurection on there? the band from India? i love that band