Folk & Viking Metal >> How did you discover Pagan / Viking / Folk Metal?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 18 March 2011 - 13:14:45
(IT'S YOU'RE CHOICE ON Far YOU WANT TO TAKE IT) http://www.wizardrealm.com/norse/index.html

I SET MY LIFE FROM AN AVERAGE CANADIAN TO ALL OUT NORSE CRAZY CANADIAN WITH SKIN ART TO MATCH THE WHOLE PAGAN-VIKING-DEATH-FOLK-METAL-FAN-PROFILE..

THE MUSIC GIVES ME A HUGE Rush WHICH KEEPS ME INTERESTED, IT SOUNDS A LOT BETTER THEN SUNDAY SCHOOL OR-GEN OR SOUNDS OF FOREIGN CULTURES FROM INDIA.

I CAME ACROSS THE KIND OF MUSIC AFTER THE Arrival OF NORWEGIAN Black Metal IN CANADA, IT SHOWED ON THE POST-PLUS ON SOM.

Hail THE HAMMER

Saturday 25 June 2011 - 21:15:30
A few years ago, I learned Swedish language and Swedish history, especially Vikings . And recently as I searched for Vikings documentary on YouTube I fell upon Tyr's video clip "Regin Smidur" . So as I loved Metal and Vikings ...that's the result of my dependance .

There was a muppets show's sketch too with Vikings and a Village people's song "in the navy" but I had to choose and I prefered Metal !

Saturday 25 June 2011 - 21:19:20

citation :
brynhild says : A few years ago, I learned Swedish language and Swedish history, especially Vikings . And recently as I searched for Vikings documentary on YouTube I fell upon Tyr's video clip "Regin Smidur" . So as I loved Metal and Vikings ...that's the result of my dependance .

folk Metal is an interesting subgenre. Do you have any specific bands you really really like?
I advise you to look for Myrkgrav, good music and lyrics in Norwegian about traditional stories.

Btw: Is Swedish hard to learn?

Sunday 26 June 2011 - 09:37:36
for French... YESSSS ! Every language even French is difficult !
Seriously, it's not really hard when you learned English, French and German . It's a mix of those three languages with different endings . It's what I did . I'm French learned English (with mistakes ! ) and German (not the same mistakes but mistakes too ! ) . Writing isn't difficult but speaking : oulah !!! I love their accent but mine is awful and you know you must practice to understand... And that's not the case for me ... My passion for Sweden and Vikings helped me very much to discover on YouTube those groups (by chance) but now Forums help me to look farther !

Tyr is one of my favourite bands but Fejd (Swedish) is the second one because of Swedish ! .

Friday 21 June 2019 - 22:17:43