Sludge/Stoner/Doom Metal >> Good purchase?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 24 June 2012 - 01:17:41
Relatively recently got into some doom/drone, Sunn O))) and Jesu to be precise. I recently bought Jesu's EP "Silver" off Amazon for £5.95. Hasn't arrived yet. Good purchase?

Sunday 01 July 2012 - 03:57:50
Did you check out the band beforehand?

Sunday 01 July 2012 - 10:21:14

citation :
miniradman says : Did you check out the band beforehand?

true, because sunn 0))) isn't everybody's cup of Tea

Sunday 01 July 2012 - 11:36:34
The very sound of making a cup of Tea is more interesting than most of Sun O)))'s music in my opinion

Wednesday 11 July 2012 - 20:44:23
Yes I checked out 3 out of 4 songs of the EP. It arrived earlier this month and it is my favourite record for relaxing to. Listening to it right now. I normally listen to Industrial Metal but recently got into doom. Next looking at the album "Forest of Equilibrium" by Cathedral m/

Thursday 12 July 2012 - 01:40:41

citation :
RammsteinFearFactory says : Yes I checked out 3 out of 4 songs of the EP. It arrived earlier this month and it is my favourite record for relaxing to. Listening to it right now. I normally listen to Industrial Metal but recently got into doom. Next looking at the album "Forest of Equilibrium" by Cathedral m/

You should also try looking into Funeral doom, such as Thergothon's debut album or Mournful Congregation's Monad of Creation. Both are great masterpieces, but of course anything by Cathedral is a good choice as well, though they are much different from Sunn O))) and especially Jesu who I'd consider shoegaze rather than drone.