Sludge/Stoner/Doom Metal >> Funeral Doom Metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Do you like funeral doom metal?
Yes
No

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 17:48:23

citation :
7s1ll4gk4pU says : Linkin Park is acctually Funeral doom

I'm beginning to think we have a troll in our midst. 0

citation :
Enigmatick says : Hot shit, Everybody on here, listen to Thergothon's debut and Stormcrowfleet by Skepticism. They're basically the pioneers of Funeral doom and they're MONOLITHIC. Holy sweet mother of fuck.

Wow, thank you for the recommendation! Have only heard one Thergothon song so Far (Elemental), and it was friggin' great! Love those quiet clean vocals. So awesome, so atmospheric. Love those gradual guitar riffs.

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 19:43:49

citation :

Lmao.

Thursday 14 July 2011 - 13:07:03

citation :

*facepalm*

Thursday 21 July 2011 - 01:12:08
Er...guys, do you think he's serious? Acknowledging him only gives him what he wants.

Let's get over this already: Catacombs fucking kicks ass. Sounds like the Soundtrack to The Call of Cthulhu itself. They actually manage to create great, eerie melodies too that are more than just a bunch of chords- really keeps your interest held for the duration of the song.

Thursday 21 July 2011 - 01:18:10
Catacombs is pretty good. Need to listen to that album a little more though.

Just wanted to mention that Esoteric's The Pernicious Enigma is the definitive Funeral doom album.

Friday 22 July 2011 - 00:54:08
The Pernicious Enigma is a great album, but for some reason I don't consider it Funeral doom. It's just so whacked-out and fuzzy and goes off in strange new directions that it sounds completely different from the rest of Funeral doom, Hell, it doesn't even sound like any other Esoteric album I've heard (I've heard Metamorphogenesis and Subconcious Dissolution). It's just...well...esoteric. Truly an engima.

THE definitive Funeral doom album would have to be Stream From the Heavens. Everything that can be done right with the genre has been on that album, and coincidentally enough it's one of the first of its kind.

Friday 22 July 2011 - 03:40:42
I don't know why, but Thergothon never really clicked for me. Maybe a few more listens.

Enig, check out Esoteric's debut "Epistemological Despondency". The atmosphere is not as strong as The Pernicious Enigma, but damn is it heavy. It was released at pretty much the same time as Thergothon's debut.

Monday 25 July 2011 - 04:52:25
It's okay, but it doesn't beat straight-forward Doom Metal.

Tuesday 26 July 2011 - 19:49:51
Colosseum ( finska )’’chapter I - delirium’’2007
COLOSSEUM ( finska )’’chapter II - numquam’’2009
COLOSSEUM ( finska )’’chapter III - parasomnia’’2011

Excellent Doom Metal, great! a great pity that no longer exist.

Tuesday 02 August 2011 - 19:31:19
Buy this day : Evoken - "Antithesis of Light"