Musicians >> Female Vocalists
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 09 February 2011 - 14:05:30

citation :
Aash says : Female in metal is every bad.

Before I call you a sexist cunt! can you please explain why?

Wednesday 09 February 2011 - 14:56:48
As you want...

When i say that girl is bad, it's for all. All extrem music have as genitor a man, why ? Is just no women is enough Brutal and violent for such music.

I find that they are not the vocal Capacity for a growl (already that i Hate the growl, man or woman), howl: this for Black Metal and death metal. And for heavy... the clear Voice is very very ugly (woman Voice), a bad contrast beetween hard guitar and drums, and pretty voice.

Actually i havent enough time for more explication.

Aash

ps : i think that Voice girl is adapted just for "mourner music" (Nightwish and bro). Not for real metal.

Wednesday 09 February 2011 - 15:34:05
Moth, I think you mean sexist

Aash, what you're talking about is bullshit. I know a lot of females who can growl better than some guys. I recommend you to check out Astarte, Darkestrah and Merlin. I don't know what you mean with the pretty Voice thing, 'cause the majority of women in metal have powerful voices.
And what's so bad about Nightwish?

Wednesday 09 February 2011 - 15:44:24

citation :
'cause the majority of women in metal have powerful voices.

It's not serious. They have not a "vocal timbre " for extrem music, a woman is good in pop music and gospel. Never in Black Metal or heavy. Maybe in hardcore... (but Hardcore music is a joke, so its not my problem).

I'm not sexist, however all isn't for all.

Wednesday 09 February 2011 - 17:15:02
You probably just don't like female vocals in metal. I for example don't enjoy soprano vocals, which Means a lot of the Symphonic Metal artists like Nightwish, Within Temptation and their ilk are not a pleasant listen to me.

However I wouldn't say something such as 'women don't belong in metal', simply because: 1. other people, that otherwise listen to some good music according to your taste, enjoy it, 2 it  comes out as misogynistic and makes you look like a bitter guy, 3. metal is about variety, including vocals and vocal styles.

Also, I disagree on the fact that women don't have a unique vocal timbre. Take Arkona for example, I believe not many can imitate that woman's Voice and it simply goes together both with the metal and the slavic folk influences.

Wednesday 09 February 2011 - 17:18:53

citation :
psycho_metal says : Moth, I think you mean sexist

Whoops I will have to edit that.

Wednesday 09 February 2011 - 20:14:39

citation :
Aash says :

citation :

It's not serious. They have not a "vocal timbre " for extrem music, a woman is good in pop music and gospel. Never in Black Metal or heavy. Maybe in hardcore... (but Hardcore music is a joke, so its not my problem).

It is indeed uncommon that women have the right vocal timbre for extremer metal. Women have a harde time to Push their vocal chords to a certain point than men do BUT this doens't mean that women doesn't have or deserve a place in Metal. Look at Crucified Barbara, Arch Enemy, Epica, Darkestrah or Astarte. You have them in every metal genre and they do stand their place. But women do actually bad jobs in Hardcore or metalcore. No Offense for the genre ofc. For example Wall of Jericho or Light This City have very very poor vocal jobs.

Wednesday 09 February 2011 - 21:48:05

citation :
Panzerjager says :

citation :
Aash says :

citation :

It is indeed uncommon that women have the right vocal timbre for extremer metal. Women have a harde time to Push their vocal chords to a certain point than men do BUT this doens't mean that women doesn't have or deserve a place in Metal. Look at Crucified Barbara, Arch Enemy, Epica, Darkestrah or Astarte. You have them in every metal genre and they do stand their place. But women do actually bad jobs in Hardcore or metalcore. No Offense for the genre ofc. For example Wall of Jericho or Light This City have very very poor vocal jobs.

To add on, the vocalist from Merlin is female, and she is way better than a lot of male Death Metal vocalists. The vocalist from Bestial Holocaust is female, and she is awesome. But yes, most if not all female Metalcore singers are horrible.

Thursday 10 February 2011 - 01:46:30

citation :
Mercenarion says :
 But yes, most if not all  Metalcore singers are horrible.

fixed.
Only exception I can think of off of the top of my Head is Jon Howard from Threat Signal, his harsh vocals are pretty good. It's too bad his clean vocals are AWFUL.

But yeah, I've got Nothing against female vocals, it's just that they're used as a retarded gimmick too much of the time "OMFG WE HAVE A CHICK IN OUR BAND HERE'S SOME BOOBIES BUY OUR ALBUMS PLZ"

Good bands with female vocalists are Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult and Gallhammer.

Thursday 10 February 2011 - 02:02:57

citation :
Enigmatick says :

citation :
Mercenarion says :
 But yes, most if not all  Metalcore singers are horrible.

fixed.
Only exception I can think of off of the top of my Head is Jon Howard from Threat Signal, his harsh vocals are pretty good. It's too bad his clean vocals are AWFUL.

But yeah, I've got Nothing against female vocals, it's just that they're used as a retarded gimmick too much of the time "OMFG WE HAVE A CHICK IN OUR BAND HERE'S SOME BOOBIES BUY OUR ALBUMS PLZ"

Good bands with female vocalists are and Gallhammer.

Jon Howard's harsh vocals are awesome. But for fuck's sake, his clean vocals sound like Linkin Park

I've been meaning to check out Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult. Any recommendations?