Symphonic / Gothic / Melodic Doom >> Favourite Symphonic / Gothic / Doom Bands?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 16 December 2010 - 22:02:52

citation :
Earine says : Mine would be Epica, Nightwish ( Tarja era), Edenbridge, Tristania, Sirenia, Paradise Lost, Moonspell, Aenima, Katatonia and The Gathering . What's yours?

Epica and Nightwish are fucking amazing. M/ My personal favorites are Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, After Forever, Nightwish, Evanescence, and Epica. I haven't really heard enough Doom Metal to make a decision on that lol.

Friday 17 December 2010 - 04:54:56
As far as this chick-fronted Gothic Metal shit goes, there are two bands worth listening to: Edenbridge (cause they're catchy like AIDS on a stick) and Lunatica (because their first coupla albums actually had the balls and character to back up their sound)

Everything else from this faggy genre is little more than heavy pop music.

Friday 17 December 2010 - 04:59:54
Epica is awesome. Edenbridge is okay.

That is about all I can say.

Friday 17 December 2010 - 05:17:45
I actually like Leaves' Eyes. I once hated them, her Voice got right on my tits, but the more I listened to it the more it grew on me. They have some good songs.

Friday 17 December 2010 - 23:56:10
actually, I Forgot about Leaves' Eyes, whom I actually found out about through my sister They're alright, but they lack the big, powerful hooks that chick-fronted Symphonic Metal NEEDS to be great. I mean, if you're going to make thin, shallow music you might as well make it really catchy and easy to get stuck in your head.

Saturday 18 December 2010 - 14:11:10

citation :
Enigmatick says : actually, I Forgot about Leaves' Eyes, whom I actually found out about through my sister They're alright, but they lack the big, powerful hooks that chick-fronted Symphonic Metal NEEDS to be great. I mean, if you're going to make thin, shallow music you might as well make it really catchy and easy to get stuck in your head.

I find their song Elegy catchy and easy to get stuck in my head.

Thursday 13 January 2011 - 01:44:55
i only like 2 doom bands so far, Saint Vitus and Candlemass
Thursday 13 January 2011 - 22:11:04

citation :
blackhawk308 says : i only like 2 doom bands so far, Saint Vitus and Candlemass

Hmmmmm... Those sound oddly familiar.

:P

Friday 14 January 2011 - 03:37:51
lol yeah, thanks for tellin me about Candlemass, they're just epic, and i like Saint Vitus b/c all their songs are like the REALLY old sabbath, i absolutely LOVE sabbath lol
Monday 17 January 2011 - 17:05:42