Symphonic / Gothic / Melodic Doom >> Favourite Symphonic / Gothic / Doom Bands?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 28 June 2009 - 00:56:39

citation :
BlackForst says :

citation :
Earine says :

citation :
BlackForst says : Darkseed is the best goth band ever..  but now is ruined

I suppose... I haven't heard news about them since Stefan left the band.

well they have a new pussy ass   bitch  motherfucking vocal   and he dumpt the wholle band and replacet them with some gays...

Oh? I thought the new vocalist was a old member of the band? 0

Wednesday 01 July 2009 - 14:41:59
srry for the late answers... yes he was an old mamber but that makes hin a not gay????

Wednesday 01 July 2009 - 19:03:20
well too many doom bands
but first is Novembers Doom

Wednesday 01 July 2009 - 20:24:53
Type O Negative [Fuckin' Doom Metal]
Void Of Silence [Atmospheric Doom]
Chronicles of Eternity [Atmospheric Doom/Black Metal]

Dargaard [Dark Ambient/Neoclassical]

Wednesday 01 July 2009 - 22:30:11
It hurts my eyes to see the words 'symphonic', 'gothic' together with 'doom'. Or is it only about 'symphonic gothic doom' bands?

I mean where in the Hell would I mention Winter or Skepticism or let's say Electric Wizard in here? They'd seem out of place.

Wednesday 01 July 2009 - 22:40:05

citation :
GandhiEgo says : It hurts my eyes to see the words 'symphonic', 'gothic' together with 'doom'.

+1

Thursday 02 July 2009 - 14:31:25

citation :
GandhiEgo says : It hurts my eyes to see the words 'symphonic', 'gothic' together with 'doom'. Or is it only about 'symphonic gothic doom' bands?

I mean where in the Hell would I mention Winter or Skepticism or let's say Electic Wizard in here? They'd seem out of place.

No, they wouldn't seem out of place because this forum, as it is written on the title, is also about Doom bands. 0 
Gothic, Symphonic and Doom can be very different styles, but they may show similiraties between them. That's all I put all in the same forum. Anathema for example, can be similar to some Gothic Metal bands. Of course, with all the subgenres, a Death Doom band like Winter will never be similar to Gothic or anything. However, I didn't separate the three genres with bars for nothing.
If you think it's a good idea to to create a thread for more "heavier" Doom styles (Death, Funeral...), then feel free to do it or ask me to create it. 0  

Thursday 02 July 2009 - 14:49:23
Alrighty then, it's just they seem some billion light-years away from each other. Oh well... No biggie.

So you may have guessed I like the 'heavIER' stuff . Or also more 'trad' bands like Yob, which is a personal favourite. I don't mind a few 'atmo' stuff like Dolorian but it's not like I will go out of my way for them.

So a few picks besides the ones already mentioned: Hooded Menace (a recent fave of mine) that play some great Doom Death with a old school feel, Evoken that play... well Evoken... And a recent find (though it's like 2 yo) called Planet AIDS (and with that kind of name, I guarantee you they don't play happy music... ).

Wednesday 15 July 2009 - 14:07:18

For symphonic: Dimmu Borgir
For goth: Cradle Of Filth           
For doom: Nortt                          

Monday 20 July 2009 - 05:49:22
Well, my favorites would be
Gothic: Entwine, Charon, Poisonblack, To/Die/For, Sinamore, Sentenced

Symphonic: Ancient Wisdom
Doom: Diluvium, Madrigal, Katatonia