Ready... action! >> Favourite Horror and/or Splatter movies?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 10 March 2011 - 03:02:36

citation :
InfinityZero says : Oh, Deathey's comment reminded me of Freaks!
I love Freaks too.

citation :
Mercenarion says :
Most horror films don't phase me at all. The Strangers actually creeped out out a little (then again that was the middle of the night in pitch Blackness), so I give the movie that merit.

And for Pan's Labyrinth:
The Pale Man. That is why I put it on the list.

Well, NoNe of the horror movies on my list scare me or ever did... I've only been afraid of 2 horror movies... IT when I was 7, and White Noise when I was 10. (Been watching horror movies since I was 6, maybe that's why). Anyway, scariness to me is never a merit for how good a horror movie is, 'specially when all the Hollywood BS keeps resorting to jump scares and the thing where a girl closes a bathroom cabinet w/ a mirror on it and SURPRISE someone is standing behind her. For me what makes a good horror movie is what makes any other good movie: good actors, originality, tight plot.. and some of the things I like in my horror are psychological moments, good atmosphere, avoiding of cliches, interesting lighting/camera work... etc etc etc

And I don't think a scary Creature or two necessarily equals horror. Look at Jason and the Argonauts and Star Wars... scary creatures, not horror movies. But I guess that's a subjective thing, anyway.

Evil Creature =/= Scary

But the Pale Man's background, his movements, the sounds it makes. Even though it was only for about 10 minutes or so, it was plain not right. I'd consider the Pale Man one of the only scary movie creatures in my opinion.

And for White Noise, it scared me when I first Saw it. It still delivers a Cold chill to me to this day, but not as bad.

Also, it seems that all good horror/psychological films are given less-than-shit sequels (i.e.: The Butterfly Effect, White Noise, The Descent). This is why Hollywood sucks.

Tuesday 23 August 2011 - 10:59:07
splatter
 Saw ,
final destination

Horror 
 the Exorcist0
Hell raiser

Wednesday 13 February 2019 - 00:31:36

So for me they are classics that everyone knows... :)

Braindead, Bad taste, Driller killer, Night of the living dead, Reanimator, Centipede:)...and many more. Sure, some of them are total trash, at least one laughs:D for me it's just fun.

it's just a shame that such movies are not too much or I do not know about them. And if, so little or have to look properly.

Saturday 27 April 2019 - 00:25:36

I like The Omen series of horror movies.  The original flick, The Omen (1976), shows Damien as a baby and a young child with demonic inluences that kills anyone standing in the way of the devil's agenda.  The sequel, The Omen II (1978), shows a teenage Damien going through military school with his adopted brother and he scares people with his supernatural powers.  The Omen III (1981) shows Damien as an influential ambassador, with increasing supernatural powers.  He was finally killed by a woman scorned with one of the sacred daggers.  Then The Omen IV (1991) shows a girl who the demonic powers were passed on to.

I've got all four of these DVDs.  I used to collect movies and I've got about three hundred movies and TV series.

Wednesday 05 August 2020 - 15:42:05

I love the movies "A Nightmare on Elm Street", "Queen of the Damned", "The Lost Boys"--I love Freddy and vampires...