Avant-garde/Experimental Metal >> Favourite Avant-Garde/Experimental Metal Bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 27 June 2011 - 18:57:04

citation :
dawn_of_metal says : I've just listened to Dies Irae by Devil Doll and I think I know why Mercenarion thinks it's one of the greatest songs of all time. It was a masterpiece! And I said that after listening to it just one time. Most people probably wouldn't like Devil Doll the first time they listen to them. The entire song felt like a musical play with only one actor, the vocalists Voice is great because he changes his Voice almost all the time which is why it felt like a 50 minute long play with only one actor.

I have yet to hear someone with the vocal ability of Mr. Doctor. It's amazing how he can change his Voice so quickly while still keeping the melody intact. I'm glad someone else likes them.

Monday 27 June 2011 - 19:00:06

citation :
Mercenarion says :

citation :
dawn_of_metal says : I've just listened to Dies Irae by Devil Doll and I think I know why Mercenarion thinks it's one of the greatest songs of all time. It was a masterpiece! And I said that after listening to it just one time. Most people probably wouldn't like Devil Doll the first time they listen to them. The entire song felt like a musical play with only one actor, the vocalists Voice is great because he changes his Voice almost all the time which is why it felt like a 50 minute long play with only one actor.

I have yet to hear someone with the vocal ability of Mr. Doctor. It's amazing how he can change his Voice so quickly while still keeping the melody intact. I'm glad someone else likes them.
Is their other work similar or is it completely different considering that they're Avant-Garde/Experimental?

Monday 27 June 2011 - 19:04:34

citation :
dawn_of_metal says :

citation :
Mercenarion says :

citation :

Is their other work similar or is it completely different considering that they're Avant-Garde/Experimental?

Their albums have a similar sound, but Nothing is copied.
All of their albums are amazing. Nothing compares to Dies Irae though.

The Sacrilege of Fatal Arms/Sacrilegium is his most metal release.
Eliogabalus resembles very dark prog rock.
The Girl Who Was... Death is kind of like Eliogabalus.

Tuesday 06 September 2011 - 21:13:11
I'm not a huge fan of Avante-Garde or experimental but i like one experimental band. The Bunny The Bear

Wednesday 14 September 2011 - 03:04:28
i really like Psyopsus they're awesome imho
Wednesday 14 September 2011 - 03:17:19
Psyopus and Behold... The Arctopus, regardless of them throwing their structure out the window, are awesome.

Wednesday 14 September 2011 - 03:23:42
Thought Industry
-Wait, who the what the fuck?

Friday 16 September 2011 - 00:38:35
eh, i don't care for Behold... The Arctopus, but i absolutely love Psyopus. i hear a form of structure in their music, maybe i'm just scatter brained like that lol.

Thought Industry... wtf... it's like System Of A Down on acid...
Friday 02 December 2011 - 17:59:54
Not really into this stuff, but Arcturus' post Aspera... stuff would be the only material I'm really familiar with.

Sunday 18 December 2011 - 10:34:50

citation :
Scared says : I'm not a huge fan of Avante-Garde or experimental but i like one experimental band. The Bunny The Bear

I love The Bunny The Bear, I thought I was the only one