Death Metal >> Favorite death metal songs
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 08 May 2011 - 02:52:04
Orion is good, that was one of the first metal songs i ever got into. as for the rest of em, not really. I'll occasionally run across a really good song that's slow, but for the most part they bore me. Stairway to Heaven is pretty good too, though i wouldn't consider myself a fan of Led Zepplin by any means. never got into Candlemass before, i've tried to "get" them many times, but something about em just turns me off

Sunday 08 May 2011 - 19:47:11
Aeturnus - Carnage
Becoming the Archetype - The Magnetic Sky
Cannibal Corpse - Devoured by Vermin
Cannibal Corpse - Perverse Suffering
Corpsef*cking Art - Zombief*ck
Encryptor - Drowning in Ignorance
Lament - Tears of a Leper
Mortification - Terminate Damnation
Pyrrah - Bestial Plague

Sunday 08 May 2011 - 21:13:43

citation :
Demogorefest says : I'll occasionally run across a really good song that's slow, but for the most part they bore me. 

Now that I think about it, I think I may prefer slow or medium or fast songs to the really over-the-top fast songs.

Sunday 08 May 2011 - 21:50:45

citation :
InfinityZero says :

citation :
Demogorefest says : I'll occasionally run across a really good song that's slow, but for the most part they bore me. 

Now that I think about it, I think I may prefer slow or medium or fast songs to the really over-the-top fast songs.

I can't stand the incredibly fast paced songs either. Shit like DragonForce got old real quick for me

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 12:04:11

Bloodbath-Treasonous: Because i like the lyrics, technicality (and it isnt really fast ear shredding shit) and Mikael Akerfeldt's vocals are fucking awesome. He'd have to be the best in DM, i mean his growls are deep and coherent.

Bolt Thrower-What Dwells Within: Love the opening riff, and the lyrical content is pretty good. (Human (man) distruction. . . )

Obituary-Infected: Love the opening of the song with the slow tempo. I like the vocals and the solo later on in the song.

Obituary-Body Bag: LOVE the lyrics/vocals.

Opeth-The Grand Conjuration: What can i say, it's a fucking Master piece.

Opeth-Reverie/Harlequin Forest: Again a Master piece and a song i've loved since my inception into death metal.

Skinless-Wicked World: Love the riff, drumming and the vocals.

I could keep going with other sub genres (Melodic, tech  etc etc etc).

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 22:40:01

citation :
ryan5 says :  
Bloodbath-Treasonous: Because i like the lyrics, technicality (and it isnt really fast ear shredding shit) and Mikael Akerfeldt's vocals are fucking awesome. He'd have to be the best in DM, i mean his growls are deep and coherent.

Bolt Thrower-What Dwells Within: Love the opening riff, and the lyrical content is pretty good. (Human (man) distruction. . . )

Obituary-Infected: Love the opening of the song with the slow tempo. I like the vocals and the solo later on in the song.

Opeth-Reverie/Harlequin Forest: Again a Master piece and a song i've loved since my inception into death metal.

Skinless did a Helluva job covering that Sabbath tune Wicked World. Cover songs just sound better when they have an original sound to it.
Lately i can't stop listening to Eaten by Bloodbath, most of their stuff is pretty generic Death Metal, but there's something about that song that i really love

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 23:13:34
Close to a World Below - Immolation
-Hell, I could say the whole album, but the that intro

Reversed World - Yyrkoon
-Fast as Hell, groovy, technical and melodic

When Silence Conquers - Vomitory
-6 minutes of unrelenting drums and a perfect riff

Dechristianize - Vital Remains
-Besides the whole song being absolutely crushing, the riff in the chorus is indescribable

3. I View (Third Eye View - Extended Vision) - Traumatic Voyage
-Insane. Doomy, atmospheric, plus a great riff.

I Spew Thee Out of My Mouth - The Monolith Deathcult
-8 minutes of some of the best atmosphere you'll hear in Death Metal

Twilight - Edge Of Sanity
-Perfect synchronicity of progressive rock and death metal. The main riff is amazing, especially during The End of the song.

Ohmnivalent - Anomalous
-Everything isn't done more than once on this album... yet they somehow keep the melody. It's like if Brain Drill knew how to write proper melodies and had Sex with Cynic, this would be the offspring.

Sentenced Morning - Krisiun
-Face-melting at it's best. The drumming throughout is unrelenting. One dimensional metal at it's best.

All We Had - Daylight Dies
-My all-time favourite death/doom album. The melody on this song in beautiful on every level.

Callous Spectre/Vehement Opposition - The Chasm
-Instrumental. Now that is how you make a riff.

Sovereigns Unknown - Augury
-I could have chosen any of their songs... but those vocals are mind-blowing. The vocals are like Alestorm, but 1000x better.

Lack of Comprehension - Death
-From their best album, everything flows perfectly.

I probably have a few more, but I can't remember at the moment.

Thursday 02 June 2011 - 01:27:55

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
ryan5 says :  

Skinless did a Helluva job covering that Sabbath tune Wicked World. Cover songs just sound better when they have an original sound to it.
Lately i can't stop listening to Eaten by Bloodbath, most of their stuff is pretty generic Death Metal, but there's something about that song that i really love

Wicked World is a cover! fuck i never knew that. Yeah that riff throughout the song gets me every time. I dont really listen to much sabbath, although i do have their best of.

Eaten was the first Bloodbath song i  heard, and thats what got me into them. something about getting your limbs ripped off, and flesh devoured . .  . Maybe because tagtren sings the song with passion. . .

Fair enough Bloodbath were generic with Nightmares Made Flesh, but i'm pretty sure that with the introduction of Mikael, they've made their OWN sound. Therefore not being generic.

Thursday 02 June 2011 - 18:01:11
Lead Us/Vader,Mutant Christ/Cryptopsy,Apostles of the Endless Night/Monstrosity

Wednesday 03 August 2011 - 10:14:57
Gortuary - Meat Grinder Homicide

Guttural Secrete - Razorized Ball Gag

Iconic Vivisect - Monument

Bloodbath - Blasting The Virginborn

The Dauntless - Black Death

Overlord - Skinless

Krypts - Day Of Reckoning

Nigromantia - Darkest Journey

The Red Shore - Armies of Damnation