Black Metal >> Drugs and black metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

This topic is locked

Wednesday 24 April 2013 - 08:40:01
I have heard about church burning's, Satanic rituals, and other silly story's in Black Metal, but never really heard about or looked into the subject of drugs and alcohol (apart from that goose in 'Shining' but that doesn't count)

Is The Black metal scene generally anti that sort of behavior or do they they just not embrace or gloat about it like they do in other metal scenes?

dumb thread i know, but i was getting bored so that justifies it

Wednesday 24 April 2013 - 22:46:55
From what I can tell and what I've heard in interviews, Euronymous and Varg Vikernes were both totally Sober and in a few interviews both of them bash substance abuse and alcohol, even crapping on people who do.

And then look at Bathory and Venom. They loved them some drugs.

Thursday 25 April 2013 - 00:29:49
depending on the era then

Thursday 25 April 2013 - 13:42:15

citation :
wasteoflife! says : depending on the era then

I was trying to say Black Metal isn't dependant on substance abuse, but I guess that works too.

Thursday 25 April 2013 - 15:34:57
I do not see any point in this thread, drugs in Black Metal existed back in early days, they exist in Black Metal now... and will most likely exist in Black Metal in the future.

Not only that, but every genre of music is known to have some kind of relation to drug abuse (whether alcohol, tobacco or illicit)... what makes BM so special?

Thursday 25 April 2013 - 20:45:25

citation :
miniradman says : I do not see any point in this thread, drugs in Black Metal existed back in early days, they exist in Black Metal now... and will most likely exist in Black Metal in the future.

Not only that, but every genre of music is known to have some kind of relation to drug abuse (whether alcohol, tobacco or illicit)... what makes BM so special?

If you read my first post properly you would understand why i was curious.
Every genre has a relation to drugs and alcohol in some way i know, even christian bands (they love em) I was just curious on where The Black metal scene stood, or the sub genres of bm.
Mostly because of the lack of exposure about the subject.
For all i know my favorite bands could be Sober vegan substance abuse haters.

Friday 26 April 2013 - 00:56:26

citation :
wasteoflife! says :

citation :
miniradman says : I do not see any point in this thread, drugs in Black Metal existed back in early days, they exist in Black Metal now... and will most likely exist in Black Metal in the future.

Every genre has a relation to drugs and alcohol in some way i know, even christian bands (they love em) I was just curious on where The Black metal scene stood, or the sub genres of bm.

If you had read my post properly, you'd see that I answered your question...

Friday 26 April 2013 - 08:03:16

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
wasteoflife! says :

citation :

If you had read my post properly, you'd see that I answered your question...

no you didn't

is there only like three people on this forum ?

Friday 26 April 2013 - 08:56:10
must I spell it out for you?
Question

citation :
Is The Black metal scene generally anti that sort of behavior or do they they just not embrace or gloat about it like they do in other metal scenes?

Answer

citation :
drugs in Black Metal existed back in early days, they exist in Black Metal now... and will most likely exist in Black Metal in the future.

Short answer: Yes, there are drugs in black metal... why would it matter?

If they were anti-drug, they would let us know about it.

Yes... there are only 3 people

Friday 26 April 2013 - 09:14:27

citation :
miniradman says : must I spell it out for you?
Question

citation :

Answer

citation :
drugs in Black Metal existed back in early days, they exist in Black Metal now... and will most likely exist in Black Metal in the future.

Short answer: Yes, there are drugs in black metal... why would it matter?

If they were anti-drug, they would let us know about it.

i think ill go with infinity's answer, yours was shit.
citation :

Yes... there are only 3 people

and one of them's a fucking ozzy