Black Metal >> Depressive/Suicidal Black Metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 14 July 2010 - 00:26:34
I'm surprised that nobody talked about Abruptum

Their first album is... (can't find words to describe that madness)

Wednesday 14 July 2010 - 17:46:52

citation :
CreatioExMateria says : I'm the same. I'm not really into Black Metal anyway, I find it boring. There are a few DSBM gems I like to listen to when I feel like shit though, like the aforementioned Silencer, or sometimes Nocturnal Depression.

Really? You find most Black Metal boring? I thought it would be the opposite for you since you have an Icon that shows Abbath and Demonaz from Immortal.

Monday 02 August 2010 - 15:01:12

citation :
Belkelel says : in my opinion depressive Black Metal is great music. Its the most romantic music.
some worth listening bands are:
Make A Change... Kill Yourself
Anti
Austere

These. Really great Depressive Black Metal bands. Also Thy Light and Silencer which were mentioned earlier.

One that haven't been mentioned yet is Twilight. Atleast the song Beyond Light (Beatiful And Malignant) is such beatiful and slow song that I love to listen it over and over again.

Friday 05 November 2010 - 19:48:11
I guess you could put the band "Lifelover" in this category, great band.

Friday 05 November 2010 - 23:05:19

citation :
Beavo says : I guess you could put the band "Lifelover" in this category, great band.

Yeah man, Lifelover rule

Saturday 08 January 2011 - 01:05:27
I listened to a band called Coragypus Atratus.

Their Myspace was labeled Depressive Black Metal...

But good luck finding them.

This was WAYYYY before Myspace was jacked up from 2.0 to 3.0.

Wednesday 12 January 2011 - 15:20:30
I'm starting to get confused here, is this music that Makes you depressed or are talking about that "depressive" black metal.
either one these bands get me Down (not really, I just like listening to them 0 )

Darkthrone (sound dark and depressing (ish))
Sargiest (same as above)
Cold World
Lurker Of Chalice
Twilight (at times)

Wednesday 12 January 2011 - 20:40:32

citation :
miniradman says : I'm starting to get confused here, is this music that Makes you depressed or are talking about that "depressive" black metal.
either one these bands get me Down (not really, I just like listening to them 0 )

Darkthrone (sound dark and depressing (ish))
Sargiest (same as above)
Cold World
Lurker Of Chalice
Twilight (at times)

Darkthrone is Cold and dark but not depressing and Sargeist isn't depressive enough. Sagreist is a Tad too fast.

Very depressive band: Totalselfhatred I love that band and their mighty atmosphere. The only band that makes my nearly cry at times ( during their song Sledge Hammered Heart)

Wednesday 12 January 2011 - 23:06:36
Returning to Misery and comfort by Sargeist is kinda depressing (also one of my favorites by em). I think a band doesn't gotta play super slow and have really shitty low-fi production just to be labeled DSBM, and for that instance, Naglfar sorta falls into the guidelines for the sub-genre (especially on their album harvest)

Wednesday 12 January 2011 - 23:59:51
Elysian Blaze . Their atmosphere is so damn dark. The atmosphere is depressing, yet beautiful.