Avant-garde/Experimental Metal >> Brutal/Technical Avant-Garde bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 30 April 2011 - 14:45:16
hey guys, I noticed that there are many bands who like to incorporate these two aspects into their muisc. I think the majority of the bands that do this are very good.

Can anyone suggest some bands?

Saturday 30 April 2011 - 17:48:02
Aha, you haven't heard of Gorguts have you?

Saturday 30 April 2011 - 20:09:58
Try Mithras and Hacksaw to the Throat (their 2nd album, anyways). Mithras especially, they kind of sound like Morbid Angel. If they were in space. and had weird ambient and prog elements that take up half their albums but don't sound forced or overlong in any way.

Saturday 30 April 2011 - 20:16:39

citation :
Enigmatick says : Try Mithras and Hacksaw to the Throat (their 2nd album, anyways). Mithras especially, they kind of sound like Morbid Angel. If they were in space. and had weird ambient and prog elements that take up half their albums but don't sound forced or overlong in any way.

Mithras is a great example.

And I just noticed that the topic doesn't state just Death Metal, good.

Saturday 30 April 2011 - 21:04:11
Ackercocke

Thursday 12 May 2011 - 08:07:33
Braindrill. I suppose Necrophagist is technical but not altogether Brutal enough for many people's tastes.

Saturday 14 May 2011 - 00:23:58
Azure Emote is a fucking excellent avant garde Death Metal band.

Also Mithras and Deathspell Omega were pretty good

Hacksaw To The Throat... fucking awesome!

Ackercocke... 0  it was weird... still br00tal though!

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 18:45:33
Holy shit! Deathspell Omega is awesome! I should've listened to them way earlier, thanks Merc.

I would call it Avant-Garde Death Metal, with some Black Metal influence.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 18:55:43

citation :
miniradman says :

Ackercocke... 0  it was weird... still br00tal though!

Akercocke is pretty good...  But judging from their song Leviathan, I wouldn't call them technical death.... They sound more like Black Death to me. But that's just my opinion... And I'm not going by the genre on it's SoM, which is Death Black.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 19:10:19

citation :
psycho_metal says : Holy shit! Deathspell Omega is awesome! I should've listened to them way earlier, thanks Merc.

I would call it Avant-Garde Death Metal, with some Black Metal influence.

Your welcome Psycho

For Traumatic Voyage, they have always been a favourite band of mine for a long time. Cogito Ergo Sum is amazing, but dude, his album Khiaoscuro is definitely his best. Every album is on free download on his Last.fm page.