Thrash Metal >> Add A Fifth To The Big Four
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Add A Fifth To The Big Four
Agent Steel
Atrophy
Carnivore
Dark Angel
Death Angel
Dirty Rotton Imbeciles
Exodus
Flotsam And Jetsam
Forbidden
Hallows Eve
Heathen
Hirax
Method Of Destruction
Nuclear Assault
Overkill
Possessed
Sacred Reich
Stormtroopers Of Death
Testament
Vio-lence
Whiplash
Suicidal Tendencies
Other

Sunday 19 December 2010 - 20:53:17

citation :
Demogorefest says : I've always referred to Testament, Exodus, Death Angel, and Overkill as the "2nd big four" all 4 of those Bands are like the forgotten tier of mainstream thrash bands to me.

I agree man, somehow those bands are the big 4 of underground Thrash.

Sunday 19 December 2010 - 21:04:48

citation :
psycho_metal says :

citation :
Demogorefest says : I've always referred to Testament, Exodus, Death Angel, and Overkill as the "2nd big four" all 4 of those Bands are like the forgotten tier of mainstream thrash bands to me.

yeah its like they just didn't get the same amount of Spotlight time that Metallica and Slayer have got, but they still have the same amount of credibility in the Metal community, just not as mainstream (and Anthrax never really got that much attention either, really)

Thursday 23 December 2010 - 20:38:36
I think you´ve already heard this but i don´t give a fuck. Exodus, of course.

Friday 24 December 2010 - 00:06:49
HE DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
...just lettin ya know.

Wednesday 29 December 2010 - 21:58:39
In terms of sheer quality, probably Forbidden (just for Twisted Into Form). Realistically, i'd throw out Anthrax and replaced them with Overkill. (as hit and miss as they are, they're much better as a whole then Anthrax, who I have a Hard Time caring about nowadays)

Thursday 13 January 2011 - 03:53:08
Testament was my choice, something about them i just LOVE
Wednesday 19 January 2011 - 04:52:58
No question, VENOM!!!

I have always wondered why the Hell Megadeth was one of the big 4 to begin with.  There were several bands before them and more important and influential than them.

Wednesday 19 January 2011 - 04:57:41

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
psycho_metal says :

citation :

yeah its like they just didn't get the same amount of Spotlight time that Metallica and Slayer have got, but they still have the same amount of credibility in the Metal community, just not as mainstream (and Anthrax never really got that much attention either, really)
Anthrax was big in the 80s.  in the early 80s it was obvious they were 1 of the big 4, but Megadeth back then wasnt.  Venom was.  I have no idea when that changed, Venom being supplanted by a lessor.

Wednesday 19 January 2011 - 05:03:28

citation :
MothandMoon says :

Who would you like to see alongside the big four? I say it's between, Testament, Death Angel, Overkill, and Exodus

My vote goes to Exodus, JUST.
in the early days those were the next tier.  also in the 2nd grouping was Destruction, Kreator, hellhammer/celtic Frost & possessed.  I remember getting tons of bootlegs of all those bands. 

ahhhhh, the good ole days.

Dayam!  I'm old!

Wednesday 19 January 2011 - 05:30:07

citation :
refractorhead says : No question, VENOM!!!

I have always wondered why the Hell Megadeth was one of the big 4 to begin with.  There were several bands before them and more important and influential than them.

You have to add an 80's American thrash band.

Venom are great but they're English