Deathcore/Metalcore/Hardcore >> What's The Difference?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 07 December 2010 - 12:16:09
What is the difference between these three genres?

Post-hardcore
Screamo
Emocore/Emo Metal.

I just don't understand... how they are different?0

Could someone please elaborate 0

Tuesday 07 December 2010 - 14:47:15
hm. This is hard question.
Borders of this genres are indistinct.
But I think there's obvious differences:
1)post-hardcore have parts of club-music and have transitions of mood.
2)screamo..hm...maybe it includes more scream than another genres? =D
or it based on the scream...i don't know =#
3)emocore...it's genre differs by themes of lyrics...love, death, ect. you know...
This is all just my assumptions, i don't want to say this is exactly right.

Saturday 19 February 2011 - 01:27:51
Not at all .. Fack !
Post-Hardcore is absolutely different .. it's an ambiant and dark music .. with a slow tempo and skinned Voice ( may be like some Black Metal voice/ but not all the time).
Like That

What somebody called Post-hardcore like A Day To Remember or Asking Alexandria .. Is just when people don't know what it is .. A mix between Hardcore/Metalcore/emo/screamo and "club-music"
It's a mistake to call all of that "Post-Hardcore" because it's not !

The Screamo is a tormented kind of music, with a lot of screams (that's sure)

The Emocore is an emo'tionnal kind of music, which alternate melo and screams parts .. it's very close the screamo actualy .. The difference is on the feeling.. more deep and Sad for the screamo and more melodic and "teenaged" for the Emocore

Sorry for my english mistakes

Saturday 19 February 2011 - 03:16:54

citation :
metaladrien says : Not at all .. Fack !
Post-Hardcore is absolutely different .. it's an ambiant and dark music .. with a slow tempo and skinned Voice ( may be like some Black Metal voice/ but not all the time).
Like That

What somebody called Post-hardcore like A Day To Remember or Asking Alexandria .. Is just when people don't know what it is .. A mix between Hardcore/Metalcore/emo/screamo and "club-music"
It's a mistake to call all of that "Post-Hardcore" because it's not !

The Screamo is a tormented kind of music, with a lot of screams (that's sure)

The Emocore is an emo'tionnal kind of music, which alternate melo and screams parts .. it's very close the screamo actualy .. The difference is on the feeling.. more deep and Sad for the screamo and more melodic and "teenaged" for the Emocore

Sorry for my english mistakes

Hey metaladrien... good to see you here 0

well... Post-hardcore is basically a slower version of Hardcore (hense the term "POST-Hardcore"). The things you mentioned there is are types of Experimental post-hardcore. They mix Hardcore/Post-hardcore and some other genre (eg Black Metal or Sludge). Now since that the three genres have been mishmashed into 3 things that sound the same. Its very hard to tell the difference between them. But yes you are correct to say that there are some Post-Hardcore bands that do perfer to take that branch of metal.

Id like to ask you 1 more question, why do you think that people confuse these genres. I mean, I looked at the wikipedia page for Post-Hardcore and it said that post-hardcore is typically characterised by screamed vocals, clean vocals, breakdowns, ect? This just raises more questions than answers, maybe you should rewrite that whole wikipedia article then 0

BTW: that song sounds scary, also don't worry dude you english is fine 0

Saturday 19 February 2011 - 11:30:19
Well it's a good question .. I don't really know.

People call the emocore a bit special : Post-Hardcore, because other people already called that Post-Hardcore. And those people probably don't know the "real" Post-Hardcore..
I just supposed .. I'm not sure at all.
But I really try to learn those persons what's Post-Hardcore. For them, and for the Posterity of these genre.

Saturday 19 February 2011 - 11:38:31

citation :
metaladrien says : Well it's a good question .. I don't really know.

People call the emocore a bit special : Post-Hardcore, because other people already called that Post-Hardcore. And those people probably don't know the "real" Post-Hardcore..
I just supposed .. I'm not sure at all.
But I really try to learn those persons what's Post-Hardcore. For them, and for the Posterity of these genre.

yeah dude I agree

To be perfectly honest, I think that the only one that doesn't truely exist out of those is Emo Metal. I mean it just sounds like your generic Screamo band?

Besides Emo is something that cannot be anything (lost for words) its just a fasion trend, how it became a style of music confuses me 0 0

Saturday 19 February 2011 - 11:42:32
The Fashion trend has grow up

But, you know, I really like the Band From First To Last wich is absolutely different. My favorite Emo band. The only one make me feel something's strong.

Saturday 19 February 2011 - 11:46:40
ok I take what I said in my last comment back 0

Emo Metal does exist. Ok, that may be emo metal but those bands like Black Veil Brides and Escape The Fate are more screamo than emo.

do you agree?

Saturday 19 February 2011 - 11:52:37
I just know a song from Black Veil Brides. But I think Escape The Fate did a great first album wich is between Emo and Metalcore..

Actualy, I prefer calling Screamo ,bands like Alesana / Mihai Edrish / Envy( influed by Post-core)

I can't agree. but it's not my fight  . I stay on the Post-Hardcore part !

Saturday 19 February 2011 - 12:24:49
well... I still think that Post-Hardcore is just lightend Hardcore punk mixing elements from other genres (whatever they maybe). 0