Thrash Metal >> underrated thrash metal band ! ?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 06 November 2011 - 22:25:50
The list of under-rated Thrash bands is huge, I'll try keep it to the best of them.

Obliveon
Voivod
Toxik
Assassin
Massacra
Merciless
Desteoyer 666
Coroner
Agressor
Sarcofago
Vio-lence
Demolition Hammer (Though they're getting a lot of love lately due this so called "thrash revival")

Sunday 06 November 2011 - 22:59:15

citation :
SevereAbomination says : The list of under-rated Thrash bands is huge, I'll try keep it to the best of them.

Voivod
Assassin
Massacra
Merciless
Destroyer 666
Coroner
Agressor
Sarcofago
Vio-lence
Demolition Hammer

I won't even mention the Fact that some of those bands are not "Thrash Metal" for me but gee, what's your definition of underrated??

All those bands are classic bands. I mean everyone into Thrash Metal must know Coroner, Vio-lence or Voivod.

I read other posts also above. Testament, Onslaught, Forbidden, underrated?? If a band must have sold as many records as Metallica, Slayer or Megadeth not to be underrated, then 99% of Thrash Metal ARE underrated.

I don't know I would have rather thought of let's say Apocalypse (SWI), Blind Illusion, V.I.R.U.S., Acrophet, Anacrusis, Living Death, Acid Reign, etc.

Monday 07 November 2011 - 01:51:51
Well, in the sense that they didn't get the recognition they deserve. And what bands on that list aren't Thrash?!?! The only one I was a bit sketchy about putting up was Sarcofago, but really, they're a bit of everything. You could group them in with Death/Thrash/Black and even War metal and you wouldn't necessarily be wrong.

Monday 07 November 2011 - 09:19:30
I agree that Sarcofago is harder to "locate" but Massacra, Agressor or Demolition Hammer are Death Metal.

Monday 07 November 2011 - 20:55:41
No. Death/Thrash. Anyone with ears can tell you that, especially DH and Agressor. Massacra blur the lines a bit more.

Wednesday 09 November 2011 - 20:30:22
This is the best Thrash Metal band ever, they are highly overlooked and underrated
They are called

Grief Of War

Friday 18 November 2011 - 17:55:59

citation :
Loudpipes says : Forbidden genuinely deserved much more than they got. Which isn't surprising, because they came out right at The End of the thrash movement... but still, i'd take Twisted Into Form ANY day of the fucking week over mediocre bands like Death Angel. Defiance, and even Sacred Reich.

Others... Slaughter (the canadian one) definitely deserved a bigger audience than in the 80's, but then that's because they got fucked hard by their record label. I think Heathen also did to some extent, though later on they got a lot of props.

Definitely agree with you on Forbidden and Heathen.  Never really listened to Slaughter much, so I'll have to listen to them more. 

Saturday 19 November 2011 - 08:34:59
Slaughter are pretty good, Nothing incredible though. Old Forbidden and Heathen is great but their newest albums are pretty lame.

Also, listened to Grief of War. It was weak, didn't like it.

Thursday 24 November 2011 - 18:03:26
coroner.
their albums absolutely amazing.

Saturday 28 July 2012 - 10:48:30
Exile's new album (Suspended Society... Mutilated Variety) will be released on July the 30th! Support us by buying our album! Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT_inIyORZk