Black Metal >> Where does the best black metal come from?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Take Your Pick ; )
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Poland

Wednesday 16 February 2011 - 13:48:06

citation :
Demogorefest says : ...just a Random question but, why is Poland on the list?
the only REAL Black Metal band from Poland that i can think of off the top of my Head right now is Arkona (pretty decent band though, i found a copy of their compilation CD Curse of the Ancient Godz awhile back)

Arkona yes, and old Behemoth, Hate and Christ Agony

Wednesday 16 February 2011 - 18:37:57
"nachtblut",yay rings some bells?! most fucking original music from...  of course from germany...   so best black comes from there as well... of course... xD

Monday 30 May 2011 - 13:42:03
I still think the best Black Metal comes from Norway.  They owned the 2nd and 3rd wave in the 90's and even though they were kind of weak in the early 2000's they are making a comeback.  Bands like Vreid and Ragnarok are proof.  Burzum's Fallen, Urgehal to name a few.  I think Finland comes in a close second.  I can't help but like most of the stuff that I hear from there right away.  But that's why I put them second to Norway because I believe Black Metal should thrill you first and then catch you second not the other way around.   The finnish still to a damn good job at making Black Metal music though. 
Ajjatara, and Sargeist in particular. 

Monday 30 May 2011 - 18:21:47
Norway. Yes, there are brilliant bands from all over the world, but Norway is still no.1.

Friday 08 July 2011 - 23:29:04
Norway, Sweden and Greece are tied with each other for me. The hellenic scene is so fucking underrated. (especially for Rotting Christ and Necromantia) As for Sweden, I gotta mention them for Sacramentum, Dawn, Dissection, and Vinterland, all some of my favourite BM bands.

Norway is of course great aside for all of the controversy. Not well versed enough in the rest of the styles to say more.

Tuesday 12 July 2011 - 03:23:15
I know I voted in this already, but I can't chose between Russia (Stigmatic Chorus) and France (Malevolentia).

Tuesday 23 August 2011 - 09:49:44
first of all it comes from the godfathers of blackmetal Venom

Wednesday 31 August 2011 - 00:40:31
im with Norway  and i dont forget Bathory and Venom they give some starters for norway

Monday 05 September 2011 - 13:58:45

Thursday 22 September 2011 - 05:24:16
I really like Norwegian Black Metal but I really enjoy BM from France and Quebec.