Discussions about Music >> What Makes a Metalhead/Rocker?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 20 January 2009 - 03:35:05
Anything that intensifes you with the sound of the right guitar riff or blast beat and a roaring angry Voice to relieve the Stress from a day in your world.

If you know you've shocked others around you for the sounds you are listening to, thats what makes you metal. IMO.

Tuesday 20 January 2009 - 03:40:40
Agreed.

BTW im diggin that avatar.

Wednesday 21 January 2009 - 10:28:39
dedication to the metal way of life.

Wednesday 21 January 2009 - 12:42:26
In my opinion, the music makes a metalhead a metalhead.
If you really love the sound of this music, you are a metalhead, the look doesen't matter. But like said, it's just my opinion.

Wednesday 21 January 2009 - 16:25:50
I will agree with psycho_metal.The only point is the music if you really love the music then there is nothing more to say.Thats why i dont use the word metalhead.I prefer the word metal-lover.

Wednesday 21 January 2009 - 22:07:03
Thats kinda what menstrual said..i think

Monday 26 January 2009 - 23:24:14
No i dont think it is the same but everyone has his own opinion right?Thats why forums are for.

Monday 02 February 2009 - 22:21:33
They may have changed my clothing,they may have cut my hair
But they'll never Kill the spirit,they'll never Kill the steel
Rob Halford called it British,our mothers called it rubbish
But we we called it metal,heavy fucking metal

That's about it,I think.Metal is not about spandex trousers or spikes all over the place,metal's in your Heart,

Monday 02 February 2009 - 22:58:57
As i was saying in the previous message (just pushed some button,and it was gone,but here's tge rest of it.Metal's in your Heart,and once it gets inside,it never gets out.
I think for me it all started in the seventies (I was born in 1970) with Alice Cooper's "Halo of flies".A niece of my mum who was about 16 years Old made me listen to it,I guess I must have loved so much,because it seems I played the song about ten times Again,and when people asked me what music I liked,I always answered that it had to be violent with lots of guitars.Then back in 1981,a friend's older brother mede me listen to Accept's "Breaker".I remember every little detail,from the Old record player in a corner of the room to the album cover with barbed wire going through the ears of a nice young girl.The,the eery sound at the beginning of the record and the that guitar riff of "Starlight".Man this was it...Son of a Bitch and most certainly "Burning".Oh,"Burning" was just massive...and it was Live,with thousands of fans cheering (probably mixed in the studio).Then "Restless and wild","Fast as a shark",fuck,it just got better and better.Later I heard Judas Priest's "British steel",Ted Nugent's "Double Live Gonzo".Then tragedy struck : peer pressure at school forced me into new wave,but luckily there was a nerd in my class with tiny little glasses on his nose who wrote the names "metallica","slayer" and "anthrax" on his writing books,I just couldn't resist to ask HIM a tape,he gave me "Ride the lightning" and "Master of Puppets" and after listening to that I was sold....that nerdy guy was just proof that metal was in the Heart,and not in your "garderobe".
Then "Slayer" followed,Yngwie J.Malmsteen's Marching out with the fabulous "Disciples of Hell".Then I bought my first guitar,I payed a 3000 francs for it (Belgian francs),then a Hohner EX Devil (an copy of the gibson explorer James Hetfield played).The first song I managed to play was "For whom the bell tolls",which was very simple.My guitar playing just got better,but then over in 1991 I had a terrible car Accident that left me in a coma for three months and the left half of my body paralysed.I managed to recover in 2 years and now I'm doing really fine,I work in a factory.Needless to say that Heavy Metal played a large role in my recovery.Afterwards I got myself a BC Rich Warlock and a Gibson SG,and a little Marshall Amplifier of 10 Watts,but it enables me to get the right sound,and that's sufficient.Now, I'm 39 years Old,married with children and I play everyday,I even compose my own songs.I am married to an African woman,from Guinea,who used to be married to a son of Guinea's former president Lansana Conte,who sadly passed away a few weeks ago.She normally listens to music where black guys that are banging on bottles like chimpansees (I think it was Dire Straits' Mark Knopfler who said that) and dancing like...erm Africans,but I managed to make her listen to Metallica,starting with the S and M classical versions,and she digs it...it's a beginning.
I think that's the real metal way of life.

Tuesday 03 February 2009 - 06:12:07
That your biography? 0  .I agree that metal is in our hearts and souls.They may Kill us but they will never defeat our spirit.You started listening to metal because of Alice Cooper?I never thought that he could inspire someone to start listening to our music.