Heavy/Power Metal >> The Heavy or Power missile you're listening to
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 06 August 2011 - 20:45:20

Angra - Aqua

I don't like so much this album... Edu Falaschi seems tired, he's not at his best.

Sunday 07 August 2011 - 09:30:56
Atlantean Kodex - The Golden Bough

I just discovered it and I really love it

Sunday 07 August 2011 - 18:12:14

citation :
Black_Light says : Atlantean Kodex - The Golden Bough

I just discovered it and I really love it

Thats actually really good, thanks for that

Timeless Miracle - Into the Enchanted Chamber

Monday 08 August 2011 - 09:26:19
@ Miniradman : You're welcome

Crimson Glory - Transcendance

Monday 08 August 2011 - 09:32:23
I've been listening to this lately. I always stayed away from King Diamond's work because people kept saying his Voice is irritating, but I love his voice. A perfect album with a fantastic atmosphere to it.

Thursday 11 August 2011 - 23:35:08
Yeah, I love King Diamond. His Voice is perfect for the bands he's featured with. Mercyful Fate was even better in my view, one of my Absolute favourite bands in metal. Don't Break The Oath is a Masterpiece and the rest of the 80's stuff is barely behind it.

Saturday 03 September 2011 - 10:12:26
Alright, a few thins before I turn in for the night (BTW this forum seriously needs to be higher up on the forum listen... just sayin')

-Trouble - Psalm 9: This album is one of my favourite Doom Metal releases of all time, because what it does, it does incredibly well. I get the feeling a lot of metal heads would write them off because they have pro christian lyrics. Trouble obviously take a lot of influence from the original masters, Black Sabbath, but while they have those slow, oppressive doomy moments, what sets this ahead is that the band has a tendancy to those in these faster, bludgeoning riffs. What makes the album so great is how excellent the riffs are, and how well the band alternates between those Two varying riff styles seamlessly. (opener "The Tempter" showcases this perfectly) The drumming is very solid, creative while backing up the guitars, and while not everybody will love the vocals - they're sort of a screechy Ozzy-type deal (emphasis on the sort of), they're awesome in their own right. A truly fantastic album.

-Candlemass - Tales of Creation: I'm kind of surprised that this album isn't more highly regarded. It's not as good as the first Two records, but the first Two records are brilliant anyway. This does have a couple of inconsistent moments to it (i'm not big on "Into the Unfathomed Tower" - it's basically a lead guitar piece, and it might've been great had it developed its melodic Ideas better - and the re-recording of "under The Oak", which lacks that emotional Resonance of the original), but the good Far outweighs the bad in this instance. The riffs are fresh and heavy as Hell, Messiah Marcolin sounds great on this album, and the lead guitar otherwise is some of the best in the band's entire history. "Dark Recollection", "At the Edge of Heaven", and "A Tale of Creation" (especially the last track) are simply incredible songs.

Saturday 03 September 2011 - 11:45:31

citation :
miniradman says :

Timeless Miracle - Into the Enchanted Chamber

Whoa! I totally missed that! I had no idea that you liked Timeless Miracle. They're actually from the town where I live. I haven't heard the entire album but what I've heard so Far is pretty damn good.

Saturday 03 September 2011 - 16:26:33
^ Checking them out.

Friday 18 November 2011 - 16:47:31
Just discovered Shaman the other day, one of my new favorites!  A little more on the progressive side, but still killer!