Ready... action! >> Last Seen
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 15 July 2012 - 15:40:49
I have the original version at home so... I know thereal story . Nadsat language is a mix of Cockney (London) English, children's words, Russian and gypsy language.

Sunday 15 July 2012 - 16:22:58
My most recent film was 12 Angry Men.

AND IT WAS SO AMAZING. Very very few films have dialogue as well written as this one does. It's about a jury of 12 deciding the verdict of a boy who apparently murdered his father. It's phenomenal and has a lot to say about modern society, implying a criticism and satire of people's sense of self-importance, racism, MOB mentality, trivializing important events over small things, Apathy and conceit in modern life, etc. The whole film, beginning to End, takes place in one room, but the writing alone is good enough to keep you absolutely hooked start to finish. Anyone who wants to be a writer NEEDS to see the way this film works and hinges on amazing dialogue and acting alone. The budget was ONLY $340,000 which is incredibly small, but it uses every penny wisely and in The End just about everything about it is perfect. If someone on here watches this movie I'll be their best friend.

citation :
ryan5 says :

citation :
Panzerjager says : You should really watch A Clockwork Orange when you have time. I think it's a very interesting piece of art. Also note the links to the Pavlov experiment, other dystopic works such as Brave New World and 1984 and bear in mind this film was released several decades ago and the violence in that movie was unseen. it actually caused a media storm.

Yeah old boy, ive seen A Clockwork Orange and i liked it a lot. I picked up the novel, well it isnt really a novel more of a short story, at school and it is written in nadsat argot. Which i believe you would already know. I particularly like the ending in the movie. Did you know that the original, british ending was one where Alex actually decides to be good. The publishers for the America version decided that This Ending wouldn't stick well with American readers so they changed the ending where Alex goes back to his sociopathic ways, just like the film.

I've now got Dr Stranglove to watch and momento to download

Fuck yeah! All you people are getting into my Absolute favourite director of all time Stanley Kubrick! He's such a genious the way he puts subliminal messages in all his films to weave a deaper meaning...Not to mention every film he's made is phenomenal (yeah, I've seen every film he's Ever made excluding his really early short documentaries). I especially love A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut, Space Odyssey, Eyes Wide Shut and The Shining. Those are the films with the deepest and most cerebral hidden messages, so perhaps that's why I love them so much.

AND HEY, SOMEONE HAS SAID SOMETHING INACCURATE HERE.
The End of the film as well as the edited ending of the book do not show Alex returning to his normal bad self. They simply End with the line 'I was cured alright' paired up with the image of Alex gettin' it on with a pretty Brunette, surrounded by applauding aristocrats to signify the public's perception of human Lust changing due to the political propagandizing that's been going on up to that point. From there the audience is left to make their own conclusion about Alex. Here one must sift through all of the mixed messages to Decide whether Alex will become a good person or not. In my own opinion he is not going to become a droog again, and if you pay a lot of attention to his subtle personality shifts throughout the film I think you'll agree with me.

Sunday 15 July 2012 - 20:52:22
Well done IZ! i left the mistake there, for you to correct :p. i knew you'd pick him out

I had to watch 12 angry men for uni this year for communications

Sunday 15 July 2012 - 22:15:42
Oh, you Saw 12 Angry Men as well? What did you think of it (and was it the 50s version or the 90s version)?

Monday 16 July 2012 - 07:44:53
12 Angry Men is really really good, but i never got to watch the rest of the film. We did watch half of it, about 3 years ago when i was in yr 9. I think we got up to the bit where the old man is making steps or something. Anyway it's a big Revelation in the case. I also remember that it was bloody hot in the room and everyone is sweating and so that is the reason for their hasty verdict, but the old man stops it blah blah blah.

Also my bad on A Clockwork Orange. I havent actually read the book as yet, but i am going to. I read about 2 pages during a study period at school, and it was pretty hard to understand the words, so im going to have to read it with a translation paper, for that nadsat language.
Monday 16 July 2012 - 09:40:25

citation :
InfinityZero says : Oh, you Saw 12 Angry Men as well? What did you think of it (and was it the 50s version or the 90s version)?

It was the 90'ties version. I tried to pay as much attention to the story but much slipped past me since we had to pay attention to the communicative behaviour of the actors.

we had to link the spoken words to non-verbal communication and eventual reactions. An example I recall:

The inspectors have a serious discussion. At one point a guy stands up and proclaims that there are facts being twisted. During his speech, one guy leaves the table and gets coffee while antoher starts making faces and yawns. these were the things we had to pay attention to... i tell you

Monday 23 July 2012 - 14:36:47
Watched Memento the other night, it was different. Not exactly what i was expecting after reading the plot, but it was refreshing in a way. I'd say 6.5/10
Thursday 02 August 2012 - 08:11:30
Exile is a Thrash Metal band from Jordan, their first full length album is out now "Suspended Society... Mutilated Variety" and it's is available on cdbaby and Amazon mp3 get it now and support the underground scene.Follow these links so you can hear some samples and buy the CD.
show us some support
cheers

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/exile5

http://www.amazon.com/Suspended-Society-Mutilated-Variety-Explicit/dp/B008QPWP4U/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343776682&sr=301-1

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team