Hell >> theismVSdeismVSpantheismVSmisotheism VSatheism?!
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 21 March 2011 - 16:40:06
okay, so you've read the title. just wanna know where you are on the line or what you think about it.

to begin with, i'm an agnostic with a slight inclination towards atheism and misotheism.

i am very intrigued by this following verse in the bible:
"For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are saved it is the Power of God. For it is written: 'I will destroy the Wisdom of the wise, and bring to Nothing the understanding of the prudent.'
"Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not GOD made foolish the Wisdom of this world?
"For since, in the Wisdom of GOD, the world through Wisdom did not know GOD, it pleased GOD through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For Jews request a Sign, and Greeks seek after Wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the Power of GOD and the Wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of GOD is wiser than men, and the weakness of GOD is stronger than men." 1 Corinthians 1:18-25

why is the world's Wisdom foolish in his sight despite the fact that it was "inspired" by him? shouldn't the world's Wisdom be seen as a way for men to better appreciate what he has made?

Monday 21 March 2011 - 21:07:04
I'm an Atheist with slight nihilistic perceptions (Nothing Extreme).

I believe that deism is a more stable idea in comparison to theism. Theism is controlling through its laws while deism allows freedom.

The sections of the Bible where it gives detail on miracles and Disaster is pretty much allegory (durr, Genesis was written ~500 years (or around that time) after the death of Jesus Christ). Such intolerance has arisen from theism.

Pantheism seems strange. A view of the Universe and "God" as one? It seems as though it is a view to relation with nature, and while I am not a tree-loving kind of person, I accept these ideals. Pantheism is okay, but still a little far-fetched.

Misotheism I can understand completely. Greek/Roman Gods raped human woman and bore their children, destroyed the lands, and spread hell. The Christian GOD did so much I don't even need to say. Egyptian Gods gave ideals of Slavery and torture under a supreme monarchy; superiority complex much? No GOD has outweighed their Destruction with Purity, ergo, misotheism seems good.

Atheism sits at the sidelines while the rest Fight in ignorance.

The topic name seems a little hard to read

Tuesday 22 March 2011 - 04:41:59
i'd say theism and atheism can both prove AND disprove themselves. the others are just attempts to recreate them in another perspective.

but if i were to have it my way, i hope that a GOD never exists, especially the Christian god.

i am agnostic because it appears to be impossible to prove or disprove any of these theories to truly convince me. and sometimes i feel as if these theories weren't even close to what is real, and therefore feel that agnosticism would be safest. sure i'm an existential nihilist, but that is just how i want to perceive things to sort of Manifest my Poverty of knowledge as of now.

Saturday 16 April 2011 - 12:37:02
Claiming that GOD does not exist is antitheism, not atheism.
Atheism is merely not believing that a GOD exists.

I'm an Atheist with antitheistic inclinations.

Saturday 16 April 2011 - 18:01:09
Pagan here

Sunday 17 April 2011 - 14:36:56
I guess you could call me a Pagan as well, though the old Traditionals around here kind of cringe when they are compared to that.

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 01:32:02

citation :
Mercenarion says :
I believe that deism is a more stable idea in comparison to theism. Theism is controlling through its laws while deism allows freedom.

This.

I'm an existential nihilist with a strong bent towards monist physicallist pantheism.  Any theistic belief is utterly stupid to me.  I respect the spirit of (most) paganism, despite not believing in the deities.

Sunday 20 November 2011 - 01:33:41
Nihilism > Deism > other stuff

Sunday 19 February 2012 - 15:05:55

citation :
Mercenarion says : I'm an Atheist with slight nihilistic perceptions (Nothing Extreme).

The sections of the Bible where it gives detail on miracles and Disaster is pretty much allegory (durr, Genesis was written ~500 years (or around that time) after the death of Jesus Christ). Such intolerance has arisen from theism. 

You certainly don't have your facts straight here.  A simple look into any scholarly research on the subject (keyword = scholarly, not some wannabe blogger) will show this not to be true.  In Fact, merely look at the Dead Sea scrolls for factual info.  Not sure where you're getting this Genesis date but it's waaayyy off mate.  0

Sunday 19 February 2012 - 15:08:45

citation :
yinyang_cali says : okay, so you've read the title. just wanna know where you are on the line or what you think about it.

to begin with, i'm an agnostic with a slight inclination towards atheism and misotheism.

i am very intrigued by this following verse in the bible:
"For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are saved it is the Power of God. For it is written: 'I will destroy the Wisdom of the wise, and bring to Nothing the understanding of the prudent.'
"Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not GOD made foolish the Wisdom of this world?
"For since, in the Wisdom of GOD, the world through Wisdom did not know GOD, it pleased GOD through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For Jews request a Sign, and Greeks seek after Wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the Power of GOD and the Wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of GOD is wiser than men, and the weakness of GOD is stronger than men." 1 Corinthians 1:18-25

why is the world's Wisdom foolish in his sight despite the Fact that it was "inspired" by him? shouldn't the world's Wisdom be seen as a way for men to better appreciate what he has made?

Great question--and very insightful!  "World" here refers to the majority of people in the world.  Therefore its Wisdom is antithetical to the Wisdom this writer (St Paul) is talking about because so many people have left this view.  Just take, for instance, how many people on this forum would call the Christian Gospel foolishness.  Of course, that's their opinion and I'm not criticizing it, just trying to answer your question.

By the way, I suppose I don't need to tell you which category this places me in!  0