Femme metal forum >> Your fave lady rockers
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 28 February 2013 - 16:42:37
Ever Since I listened to Grace Slick and Janis Joplin, I have always wondered why rockland was always dominated by male rockers...I mean, the ladies of rock have shown us they can rock it out with the men folk when it comes to playing guitar, bass and drums (i.e. Moe Tucker, Velvet Underground!!). Of course, there are not many guitar queens as there are guitar lords, but they're growing. There are very valid and underrated ladies in the vocalist sector like Grace Slick, Suzi Quatro, Izzy Halestorm, etc. Just post your faves thru the years...let's have fun!0 0

Julianna of All About Eve

Johanna Taylor

Sunday 21 April 2013 - 06:17:17
I'm in love with Amy Lee and Haley Williams, they are absolutely gorgeous, as well as the lead singer of Within Temptation... Her name always Escape my mind. >.<

Monday 29 April 2013 - 19:36:20
I listen to a lot of bands now with female vocalists, I think it was Nightwish that started it for me & now I'll check out just about anything.

Tarja..

Floor Jansen..

Charlotte Wessels

Doro

Simone Simons

Maria Brink

Sharon Den Adel

Lzzy Hale, Saw her last year, man!.. can she sing, good guitar player too..

Just some I like

Wednesday 12 March 2014 - 21:36:01
Pilar Giménez García of Sirenia

Wednesday 02 September 2020 - 15:42:10

Joan Jett, Sarah Jezebel Deva, Linsdsay Schoolcraft, Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar--These ladies really rock in my opinion!! 

Wednesday 02 September 2020 - 15:43:17

I forgot to add Courtney Love!! 8-]] 

Wednesday 18 November 2020 - 02:28:00

There is Girlschool from the UK, Precious Metal (us) was a favorite, Rock Goddess (uk), Princess Pang (us), Phantom Blue (us), Vixen (us), Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Hellion, Lee Aaron (can), Doro (ger), Nightwish, Femme Fatale (us) etc...Then there is the real heavy rockers from Holy Moses (ger) and Arch Enemy (swe)

Sunday 22 November 2020 - 15:49:33

I also forgot about Within Temptation's lead singer which is female..

Sunday 24 April 2022 - 01:03:05

I love me some angry girl bands! That being said, women who rock, rock from a really fundamental place (The Uterus?) so it's very pure and sincere. UNLESS it's not and those bitches ain't on my list.

Pussy Riot, L7, Runaways, Exene Cervenka (X), Annette Funicello, Bikini Kill, Sue Tissue (Suburban Lawns), Poison Ivy Rorschach (The Cramps), Alice Bag (The Bags), Helen Keller, The Donnas, Laurie Partridge (Partridge Family), Tracy Lee (Red Kross & Castration Squad), Candye Kane, Monica Lewinski (The Wipe Your Chinskis), [The Girl from] Tiny Masters of Today, Cher, Penelope Houston (The Avengers), Gaye Advert (The Adverts), Suckdog, The Slits, Dianne (The Alley Cats), Siouxsie (Siouxsie & the Banshees), Adam Ant,

Sunday 06 August 2023 - 08:08:36

My favourite lady rocker is... me!

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team