Winds Of Plague >> Winds Of Plague Video Banned By MTV
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 27 July 2008 - 19:08:02
Winds Of Plague recently stirred up some controversy as their much-anticipated new video for the track “The Impaler” was rejected by MTV for it’s supposed “graphic language and questionable content.” However, this didn’t deter MySpace Metal from stepping up to the plate and debuting the clip on their site, which has just gone Live today. Johnny (vocals) further states: “We wanted to create a video that was entertaining and a bit outside the box as far as metal videos go. We were torn between an over the top epic metal video and a more fun, rap club style video, so we decided to combine the two worlds since we have been known to Cross over genres anyways. We had a lot of our good friends come Down to the location is Los Angeles and just had a blast putting this video together. Despite being really sick, it was one of the most fun days of my life. Director Jake Avignone was amazing to work with and I was really impressed with how efficient and smooth the whole operation went. I hope it confuses the hell out of everyone and makes traditional metal patrons heads explode.” Winds Of Plague is currently one of the hottest bands in the genre, which is further cemented by the fact that they were just hand-picked by the legendary Glenn Danzig for his 20th anniversary tour this fall. The massive North American trek, dubbed the “Blackest of The Black,” kicks off in October and also features Dimmu Borgir, Moonspell and Skeletonwitch. The group will embark on their next North American jaunt later this month as part of the “Thrash and Burn” festival that also features Darkest Hour, Parkway Drive, Misery Signals, Stick To Your Guns, Arsis, Arsonists Get All The Girls and After The Burial so feel free to hit myspace.com/thrashandburntour or myspace.com/windsofplague to view the complete tour routing. In 2008, Winds Of Plague have paved their own path of Destruction unlike anyone has yet witnessed.