Sepultura >> Will Max Cavalera rejoin Sepultura?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 03 September 2010 - 00:09:55
Soulfly guitarist Max Cavalera has revealed that it would be "cool" to do a reunion tour with his former band Sepultura.

Max left the band following a sold out show at London's Brixton Academy on December 16, 1996 following a dispute with his bandmates.

However, the band will celebrate the 25-year anniversary of the release of their debut album Morbid Visions, and Max has not ruled out the possibility of rejoining the band for a reunion tour.

"It would have been cool to do it next year," Max tells the Phoenix New Times. "A lot of people ask me [about the reunion], and sometimes I feel optimistic. I convinced Iggor [his brother and former Sepulutura drummer] to do it, 'cause he didn't want to have anything to do with [bassist Paulo Jr. and guitarist Andreas Kisser] ever again. I convinced him to do it for me, and he said he'd do it for me if that was the case, but the other two guys, it's kinda hard. They're still trapped in an old mindset, so it's just something that's gonna have to wait.

"I mean, there's a lot of cool offers for us around the world," he adds. "People want to see that reunion, so I'll just kinda wait and see. In the meantime, I'm super busy with Soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy. So, if that happens, it's cool. If it doesn't, it's still cool. I'm busy anyway."