Black Metal >> What got you into black metal?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 18 February 2010 - 19:09:15
well i was wondering what got you people into Black Metal ?
for me well it was my dad.

and what do think of people that say that Black Metal is only nosie.And that people disslike you cuz of your music style?

For my part i once dated a girl and the only reason she left me was cuz of my style of music and she keept on telling me it was bad and that it wasent good for people to lisent to this type of music. And some day she said to me if you dont stop lisenting to this type of music ill stop dateing you. So i said to myself WTF???  fine what ever like i care i aint gona change music style just cuz she doesint like it. and well 1 week after she left me. So give ur opinion

Thursday 18 February 2010 - 19:20:19
One of the Fist bands that i listened war Dimmu Borgir ..
but who got me into Black Metal ????
i think that i loved that genre wen i listened it the first time.
so it was my friend who opened my eyes and showed me the beauty of Black Metal .
its my class friend Keti
she is my best friend

Thursday 18 February 2010 - 19:47:05
There was a metal club in my hometown and that's where I first heard Summoning's 'The passing of the gray company' - it was played a lot there. Even from the first time I heard it I thought the tune was fine and the Voice didn't spoil the song too much and in time I really began to like it. From there I heard a lot of other songs like Dimmu Borgir's Mourning Palace, Moonspell's 'Alma Mater' and Nargaroth's 'Possessed by Black fucking Metal'.

I wasn't really into Extreme metal, until @ age 16 I thought it was shit - only because of vocals. I think that's the main reason why people[that already like metal/rock] dislike Black Metal, it is the cookie monster vocals, they are not clear and they are not melodic. Although fast drumming and bad recording can be factors too.

As for other people, I was actually being [lightly] bullied by my entourage for liking Power metal! [mainly because I was among the few ]  and not liking ''real'' bands like Emperor.

And about your girlfriend, sorry to hear about it, it was her choice, you shouldn't bother too much about it. After All, you can't help to like what you like.

Thursday 18 February 2010 - 20:54:22
well thanks and that is true it took me time to understand and in The End i did. people should accept how you are and who you are.

Friday 19 February 2010 - 03:55:07
good topic, but anyway, the first Black Metal album i bought was Dimmu Borgir's 2nd album, Stormblast, soon after that, i bought Deathcult Armageddon, and later branched off into Gorgoroth, Emperor, Limbonic Art, and Naglfar

Friday 19 February 2010 - 18:57:55
First i wasn't into the Extreme genres like Black or Death, 'cause of the vocals, and because they were satanists, i was only listening to classic metal.
That was not until i listened to Sculptor of Flesh by 1349, they were my first Black Metal band, i was like this . The first thing that got me into Black Metal were the drums, i never heard such amazing drums.
With that i got into Dark Funeral, Taake, Peste Noir, Von, Drudkh etc

Friday 19 February 2010 - 19:20:09

citation :
psycho_metal says : First i wasn't into the Extreme genres like Black or Death, 'cause of the vocals, and because they were satanists, i was only listening to classic metal.
That was not until i listened to Sculptor of Flesh by 1349, they were my first Black Metal band, i was like this . The first thing that got me into Black Metal were the drums, i never heard such amazing drums.

yeah, i completely Forgot about 1349, they were one of my first Black Metal bands i really liked, Frost is an amazing drummer. Liberation, Hellfire, Chaos Preferred and Beyond the Apocalypse are excellent albums, too bad their new album blows ass.

Saturday 20 February 2010 - 20:08:57
First time I heard Gorgoroth I was hooked.

Sunday 21 February 2010 - 14:27:23

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
psycho_metal says : First i wasn't into the Extreme genres like Black or Death, 'cause of the vocals, and because they were satanists, i was only listening to classic metal.

yeah, i completely Forgot about 1349, they were one of my first Black Metal bands i really liked, Frost is an amazing drummer. Liberation, Hellfire, Chaos Preferred and Beyond the Apocalypse are excellent albums, too bad their new album blows ass.

It's not that bad, it has some nice songs.

Thursday 04 March 2010 - 17:00:24
I guess lyrics. I was really into antichristian, pre-christian and Pagan stuff, researched old religions and puff! I'm rather new Black Metal fan, so yeah...

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team