Thrash Metal >> What Opened You To Thrash?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 01 March 2012 - 22:49:00
First Metallica, later on Kreator, then Overkill, Nuclear Assault and Destruction

Sunday 12 October 2014 - 07:53:46

well back in the 80's my buddy gave me a tape with Manowar on one one side then Metallica's Master Of Puppets on the other. That album turned me on to thrash Metal

Sunday 03 May 2015 - 02:36:59

One band comes to my mind in that matter: Metallica and their 4 first albums!

Thursday 21 May 2015 - 00:57:58

Into the Thrash... With Sabbat(uk) in the album Dreamweaver, and Sodom '' Agent Orange '', recorded in a old tape, and of course Slayer and Kreator, Overkill, Testamemt and more... more...

Saturday 28 May 2016 - 01:20:54

My introduction to thrash started in an odd way. I first heard the galloping guitar on STYX's Queen Of Spades. Later on I heard the chugging guitar in Heart's Barracuda. I liked what I was hearing. Then a friend let me borrow 3 tapes by Metallica - Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, and Master Of Puppets. I was in shock! "This is a THING? This is music? They don't play this on the radio! Well this is just what I've been waiting for." Later that year And Justice For All came out and I was hooked forever. I'd kind of given up on finding anything thrashy that appealed to me until recently I'd discovered Havok, Hatchet and Dust Bolt. And (in an odd twist that led me to listen to some thrash bands I somehow never got into) those bands led me to discover Slayer, Exodus, Destruction, Sodom, and (holy crap!) Kreator. I'm so glad that I gave thrash another chance after basically limiting myself to Metallica, Megadeth, Deliverance and Tourniquet. A new spark has been lit in me! The internet has made it so helpful in finding bands now. Some of my favorites besides what's mentioned above are Dark Angel, Battlecross, Death, Metal Church, Nuclear Assault, Opeth, Testament, Violator, etc. (I realize some of those aren't thrash but still my favorites).

Thursday 02 April 2020 - 23:12:14
Overkill ( The Years Of Decay)

Friday 13 October 2023 - 20:18:33

When I was around 16 years old, I started getting into metal music. My dad recommended that I listen to "South of Heaven" by Slayer, and it instantly captivated me. This experience sparked my love for the genre.