Heavy/Power Metal >> What Are Your Favourite Speed/Power Metal Bands?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 16 September 2009 - 23:48:00
Hello to all of you!  Here are my favourites (just a few of them) :

Rhapsody Of Fire
Helloween
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Nightwish
Freedom Call
Kamelot
Firewind
Pantera
Angtoria

Thursday 17 September 2009 - 09:21:37
Welcome here PowerMetallic!

Thursday 17 September 2009 - 17:38:00

citation :
PowerMetallic says : Hello to all of you!  Here are my favourites (just a few of them) :

Rhapsody Of Fire
Helloween
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Nightwish
Freedom Call
Kamelot
Firewind
Pantera
Angtoria

Metallica = Power metal?

Saturday 19 September 2009 - 17:21:20
Metallica and Iron Maiden don't fit here (neither Angtoria), but I thought nobody would mind if I slipped them in.   

Friday 25 September 2009 - 14:01:29

citation :
and does anybody know why Pantera is filed under Power metal?

I guess it's the difference between American and European naming. On American sites it's pretty common to see Manowar, Pantera and e.g. Virgin Steele marked as Power Metal and on the other hand at Europe Power Metal Means bands with double bass drums, a (male) vocalist with high pitched Voice and not too Dismal lyrics. Good examples are Helloween, Stratovarius and Rhapsody (in fire). I'd categorize Manowar and Steele to Heavy Metal and Pantera maybe to something even heavier (thrash, anyone?) although their fourth album was called Power metal.

Categorizing on the other hand eases up the discussion about bands but on the other hand it's not part of the SI-system and thus easily misunderstood ;)

Friday 25 September 2009 - 23:07:05

citation :
S1mppa says :

citation :
and does anybody know why Pantera is filed under Power metal?

I guess it's the difference between American and European naming. On American sites it's pretty common to see Manowar, Pantera and e.g. Virgin Steele marked as Power Metal and on the other hand at Europe Power Metal Means bands with double bass drums, a (male) vocalist with high pitched Voice and not too Dismal lyrics. Good examples are Helloween, Stratovarius and Rhapsody (in fire). I'd categorize Manowar and Steele to Heavy Metal and Pantera maybe to something even heavier (thrash, anyone?) although their fourth album was called Power metal.

Categorizing on the other hand eases up the discussion about bands but on the other hand it's not part of the SI-system and thus easily misunderstood ;)

i always thought that Pantera was Thrash, i mean, they always used such heavy and thrashy riffs, i can see how some Manowar songs could get classified as Power Metal though, but never understood how Pantera has always been filed under Power Metal

Thursday 19 November 2009 - 08:23:36

Saturday 05 December 2009 - 23:05:19
Grim Reaper
(Old) Overkill
Queensryche
that all i really listen to
Sunday 06 December 2009 - 10:47:51

citation :
dawn_of_metal says :

citation :
PowerMetallic says : Hello to all of you!  Here are my favourites (just a few of them) :

Rhapsody Of Fire
Helloween
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Nightwish
Freedom Call
Kamelot
Firewind
Pantera
Angtoria

Metallica = Power metal?

+ Iron Maiden, Pantera?

Saturday 02 January 2010 - 10:48:46
I like some new and old and agree with COB and Stratovarius for newer stuff and of course love Running Wild, Rage, Steeler(Yngwie Malmsteen), Manowar(funny guys), Impelliteri,Cacophony, Talon, Megadeth in early times, Abbatoir(Fucking great!), Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Annihilator(CAN), Saxon, Scorpions even with early stuff, Malice, Chastain, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metal Church, Ozzy Osbourne early material, Fates Warning early stuff, Sanctuary, Hallows Eve, Agent Steel, Accept, MSG, on and on here.