Symphonic / Gothic / Melodic Doom >> What Are Your Favourite Female Vocalists?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 31 March 2010 - 11:16:24
Masha Scream - Arkona
Angela Gossow - Arch Enemy
Cadaveria
Karen Gilligan - Cruachan

I'm not very fond of soprano female voices, the only exception I can give is Vibeke from Tristania -she has an expressive way of singing. Others - seem to lack strenghth, not impressed.

Wednesday 31 March 2010 - 13:01:23

citation :
Raina says : Masha Scream - Arkona
Angela Gossow - Arch Enemy
Cadaveria
Karen Gilligan - Cruachan

I'm not very fond of soprano female voices, the only exception I can give is Vibeke from Tristania -she has an expressive way of singing. Others - seem to lack strenghth, not impressed.

0  for Arkona ! That woman growl better than men i give her that .

Wednesday 31 March 2010 - 20:13:54
i'd have to say my favorite female vocalist is from the Brutal/Technical Death Metal band, Abnormality, they were on Rockband 2 i think. dunno what happened to em, they released 1 demo in 2007, but Nothing since then

Wednesday 31 March 2010 - 22:52:35

citation :
Demogorefest says : i'd have to say my favorite female vocalist is from the Brutal/Technical Death Metal band, Abnormality, they were on Rockband 2 i think. dunno what happened to em, they released 1 demo in 2007, but Nothing since then
When i first played that song i would never have guessed that it was a female vocalist.

Thursday 01 April 2010 - 02:44:46
Hm, my favorite is Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation) but if we're speaking about most talented singer I'd go for Floor Jansen (After Forever).

Others: Tristessa (Astarte) who can make Angela Gossow tremble, Sarah Jezebel Deva (Angtoria, CoF), Vibeke Stene (Tristania), Sandra Schleret (Dreams Of Sanity, Elis), Elisa Martin (Dark Moor) - that woman sounds as the female side of Fabio Lione from Rhapsody... Simone Simons (Epica), both Helen Vogt and Stefanie Duchene (Flowing Tears), Sabine Edelsbacher (Edenbridge), Anita Auglend (The Sins Of Thy Beloved), Henriette Bordvik (ex- Sirenia), Kaisa Jouhki (Battlelore), Cathrine Paulsen (Trail Of Tears).

Thursday 01 April 2010 - 17:36:18

citation :
dawn_of_metal says :

citation :
Demogorefest says : i'd have to say my favorite female vocalist is from the Brutal/Technical Death Metal band, Abnormality, they were on Rockband 2 i think. dunno what happened to em, they released 1 demo in 2007, but Nothing since then
When i first played that song i would never have guessed that it was a female vocalist.

i'm pretty sure they have a female vocalist, at least that's the way it looks like on their SOM page, yeah, i can't really tell the difference

Saturday 03 April 2010 - 01:02:42

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
dawn_of_metal says :

citation :

i'm pretty sure they have a female vocalist, at least that's the way it looks like on their SOM page, yeah, i can't really tell the difference
I meant that i knew that it was a female singer but i had a Hard Time beliving it because it was so... male-y?

Saturday 01 May 2010 - 11:23:14
the vocalist of 'Within Temptation' band

Saturday 29 May 2010 - 01:55:49
front person of Krypteria

Saturday 29 May 2010 - 02:01:08
The female vocalist for Orphaned Land, Shlomit Levi. Shame that she's just a session member and that there aren't many vocalists like her.