Musicians >> What Are Your Favourite Death Growlers?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 12 June 2011 - 19:31:37
eh . . . . nah I'm good, I don't want to end up starting a shitstorm over my religion (because intended to or not, 9/10 times it'll end up happening). One more thing though, I know somebody is going to call out how I can be a Christian and listen to bands like Dying Fetus and Cannibal Corpse. Well, first of all, I'm going to come out and say it, Christian Rap/Rock/Hip-Hop slurps crap out of a warthog's anus. It really does. It is the same one-dimensional, recycled church lyrics and boring repetitive music, and the people who make it were unfortunately handed instruments. Extreme metal explores crap that most people don't want to bring up. Now, I've had a lot of stuff happen in my life, the bad outweighs the good, and Extreme metal is one of those things that helps me cope. that is all

Sunday 12 June 2011 - 20:00:58

citation :
MasterpieceMesias says :

citation :
pavel says : ough, got me there, early CC really is mature as fuck: 'Re-generation of my body
Mother ripped apart
Smashing in her face
My knife cutting holes, fucking her remains
Esophogus carved out
 Crushing cartilage'
I never said they were mature, they're gory as Hell, like a horror flick. Sure, Chris Barnes doesn't write the most intelligent and mature thought provoking lyrics, but he was good at what he did, which was writing Deranged lyrics. Plus he wasn't even serious when he wrote them, anyways. Benton, on the other hand, is dead pan serious when he writes his crap. He is apparently so tortured by other people's religion that he has to needlessly bash the Hell out of it. As if Christians in general don't get enough hate. I just don't see why he feels the need to do that. I guess it just makes him feel good to bash other people's beliefs? It's just like "Yeah I'm a Christian, so what? Why do you care so much?" I have the right to be Christian just as much as anyone has the right to eat a cheeseburger. You aren't? Well, okay then that's just how you feel about, we can still be friends/interact, don't let something like that cause you to become a jackass. Anyways, back on topic.

I have felt the same way once. Until I realized that such kind of lyrics can be pretty interesting sometimes. I like to listen to bands with lyrics from all aspects of life. Satanic and anti-religious lyrics also helps you to understand how atheists and satanists think, and it made me explore and learn more about satanism. Some of these lyrics even speak some truth. Curse the Gods by Destruction shows what dicks religious people or fanatics can be.
Even though Bentons lyrics are all Hate messages, who give a big 'fuck you' to religion (mostly Christianity), they're still well interpreted, and interesting to read. And I don't find his growling that bad
I know, how you feel man.

Sunday 12 June 2011 - 20:07:45
yeah you're right there are a lot of overly religious Christians that do give us all a bad name and make us look especially shitty. It makes me angry to say the least. Lol @ preachers like Creflo Dollar going around asking folks for money and 'offerings' selfishly so he can go build himself a nicer house or a nicer whatever he has.
EDIT: When I think of good Death Metal vocalist I think of Frank Mullen or early Chris Barnes. on some of the songs I heard of Deicide's 3rd album I was wondering whether or not he's even trying to pronounce words or just making guttural noises literally lolz. Death growling is supposed to extremely guttural but not just mindless pooping.
EDIT again: I play bass and do Extreme vocals, and I had a band for like 2 weeks or whatever. Unfortunately, the drummer and The One guitarist we had told me that I sounded like Glen Benton. I take that as an Insult, because I actually try to pronounce words and am pretty sure that I'm more guttural than him!! no brag, either

Sunday 12 June 2011 - 20:29:08
To be honest, I like the later Glen Benton more. I don't know, I like it more when he sounds like he's coughing. But he really is not the best death growler, there Far better, like Dave Rotten, Shaun LaCanne, even Fuchs from Die Apokalyptischen Reiter is a better growler, and they're not even Death Metal.