Musicians >> Questions or problems about instruments?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 16 May 2010 - 07:02:23
Hello i put this forum up in case you have any questions or answers you can give people about questions they might have about their instruments. You can give advice to people who wish to be a musician also.

Sunday 16 May 2010 - 07:04:02
First of all id like to ask a question about my bass amplifier. My bass amp is giving way too much static when i plug my bass chord into the amp. what does this mean and how do i fix it?

Monday 17 May 2010 - 00:17:33
First, check your cable! Bad cables are the Bane of my life. You're better off to buy a good one that won't wreck your Head like an Elixir cable. I honestly doubt that it's the amp, so check the Cable first. Maybe borrow one off a friend that you know is in good condition?

If the noise is still there on the good lead, what kind of amp do you use? Cheaper amps will have buzz on them, as some of them don't use AC filters and this causes more static noise.

Monday 17 May 2010 - 00:56:56

citation :
666drippingscarlet66 says : First of all id like to ask a question about my bass amplifier. My bass amp is giving way too much static when i plug my bass chord into the amp. what does this mean and how do i fix it?

Creatio is right. I fixed it when I bought a new, expensive cable.
Also, I normally don't plug directly to the amp, I use a pedal and I can't adjust it to supress some static I may find.

Thursday 30 September 2010 - 23:08:41
Hi, I'm trying to find a good way to play tapping solos...can anyone help me

Friday 01 October 2010 - 21:33:43

citation :
kanavarius says : Hi, I'm trying to find a good way to play tapping solos...can anyone help me

But of course! To help, however, you're going to have to tell me what your technique for doing so is at the minute, and we'll work on it from there. So, how do you do your taps at the minute?

Saturday 02 October 2010 - 02:53:15
well... first of all I dont have a teacher yet so I'm just doing what I feel better.... what I do is use the pick to tap the string but it doesn't sound good nor loud enough.
thanks

Saturday 02 October 2010 - 23:02:01
Ah okay! Well, using the pick is a no-no! I use the index finger of my right hand to tap the necessary fret. (That's important, make sure to tap the string right Down to the fret!)
A good song to learn to practise tapping is "Eruption" by Van Halen. It's not that hard, and really does help your technique.

I found this for you;
http://www.cyberfret.com/techniques/right-hand-tapping/index.php

There are videos attached so you can actually SEE what you're meant to be doing, which may be better than my paltry explanation!
Actually, their definition of taps being like hammer-ons with the right hand is a good one. That's basically what you're doing, a fast hammer-on/pull-off with your right hand as your left plays.

Sunday 03 October 2010 - 00:19:22
thanks a lot!!!!

Sunday 03 October 2010 - 00:36:03
No problem, always feel free to ask!