Hell >> Misanthropy
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
If you had the chance to Wipe Humanity off the face of the earth, would you do it?
Yes
No

Thursday 11 November 2010 - 17:59:49
Yeah.. and it really screws with my brian when I try and think of everything out there. All the different galexies (however you spell that lol) and how far everything goes...
citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
ChelseaGrin says : Hmm... I have never heard of this. But I agree... we are like a virus. I Hate how some people just spit out bunches of babies. We pollute this world to... and all the garbage. I think this world will end one day becasue of the clutter of mankind..

oh yeah, its just a matter of time really, the only way we could Survive as a species is to move to a diffrent planet... and that options out of the question right now

Monday 17 January 2011 - 04:18:03
hahaha, this thread made me laugh. NoNe of you are misanthropes. It's either "ID Kill EVERYBODY EXCEPT PEOPLE I LIKE" or "ID Kill PEOPLE WHO HAVE DISSENTING OPINIONS TO ME ABOUT POP CULTURE"

that's not Misanthropic at all.

Monday 17 January 2011 - 06:22:00
I dont recall anyone mentioning popular music.
I don't see why I have to be completely isolated from the world to be a Misanthrope, I still dislike the traits that make people humans. I tend to be an "observational misanthrope" rather than an isolational Misanthrope

Monday 17 January 2011 - 06:43:25
I said pop CULTURE, not popular music. Here's what caused that claim:

citation :
Mercenarion says :

OH GOD MY EYES!!!

Yeah, I Hate most of humanity. Just Kill off pop and rap, Hollywood, most Governments, Twilight and any other blight we have on Earth and I'll be happy. I just want to world to not suck as much.

Also, you possess the apparent undesirable traits in humans, since everybody does. Do you Hate yourself?

Monday 17 January 2011 - 06:53:39
Wow, I sound stupid. These days, I would consider myself what Demo said, an "observational misanthrope". Nothing special.

Monday 17 January 2011 - 15:35:47
Who the Hell managed to unburry this one . This is possibly older than me

Monday 17 January 2011 - 16:07:35

citation :
Enigmatick says : I said pop CULTURE, not popular music. Here's what caused that claim:

citation :
Mercenarion says :

OH GOD MY EYES!!!

Yeah, I Hate most of humanity. Just Kill off pop and rap, Hollywood, most Governments, Twilight and any other blight we have on Earth and I'll be happy. I just want to world to not suck as much.

Also, you possess the apparent undesirable traits in humans, since everybody does. Do you Hate yourself?

Yes, at least to some extent I do, I believe that is another trait of misanthropy. If I didn't that'd make me a nihilist or some kinda shit like that, I don't believe that misanthropes are really self-centered, that is probably the main difference (to me at least) between Misanthropy and nihilism/narcissism.
I believe people are essentially bad, and will do just about anything to advance their own selfish goals (I recognize that I too am human, so in effect, I will naturally do the same)
This thread has been Abandoned for at least half year I've seen older ones get dug up though

Tuesday 18 January 2011 - 00:14:48
Alright, you got over the first hurdle. But, if you dislike humans and their nature, you wouldn't go out of your way to associate with people, you would only do so when necessary or when you feel it is necessary. so why do you browse this forum?
If you enjoy anything that involves groups of people I wouldn't exactly consider that misanthropy.

Also, I had no idea this thread was that old. Just goes to show you there's a lot of dead threads on here, which backs up my suggestion to clean up the forum even more.

Tuesday 18 January 2011 - 05:15:23

citation :
Enigmatick says : Alright, you got over the first hurdle. But, if you dislike humans and their nature, you wouldn't go out of your way to associate with people, you would only do so when necessary or when you feel it is necessary. so why do you browse this forum?
If you enjoy anything that involves groups of people I wouldn't exactly consider that misanthropy.

Also, I had no idea this thread was that old. Just goes to show you there's a lot of dead threads on here, which backs up my suggestion to clean up the forum even more.

That's why I prefer the term "observational misanthropy" meaning that even though I converse and socialize with other people, it doesn't mean I put my philosophical views behind me, I still Hate most human beings, and Trust no one.

Tuesday 18 January 2011 - 13:26:58
That's more of a cynical perspective than a Misanthropic one though. See, what I've been trying to get at is that most alleged "misanthropes" are actually just normal people with a cynical outlook. Real misanthropes are Far, Far more Extreme in their human hating ways, and you don't hear much about them, because, well, they don't like interacting with humans. On this one forum I browse, I had a chat with a guy who hadn't had any human interaction for a year (the participation in internet discussion ended his "streak") He had somehow worked it out that he could get food and other shit delivered to his house with no interaction, set up a deal with some delivery company. Now THAT'S what I call misanthropic.