Language Learning >> Finnish/Suomi
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 02 July 2010 - 20:06:25
Hello to all! I'd like to find here somebody who speaks finnish or has a wish to learn this beautiful language. Well, who would like to talk? ))

Friday 02 July 2010 - 21:03:12
I would really like to learn finnish. Finalnd is way more awesome than my country Sweden. Really like the language too.

Friday 02 July 2010 - 21:51:46
Cool)) Have you ever been in Finland or maybe have you learned finnish before? As for me, I have. But it was long time ago and now I must renew my knowledges..

Friday 02 July 2010 - 21:55:29
Nope, never been to finland, but I would really like to.

Friday 02 July 2010 - 22:11:12
I hope, you will))

Tuesday 13 July 2010 - 20:07:53
Hmm. Finnish is one of the most diffucult languages to learn,also slang-terminology is different at each city/town+it changes all the time. Fex word "mää" is at Tampere "me", in other cities it Means "baah" like lambs "talk". my german friend has lived in here 10 years and still his Finnish sucks

Monday 02 August 2010 - 17:58:16
Hmmh kinda hard to teach it through internet I think...
You want to learn to say full sentences or just some words or what? Since teaching you to speak sentences in finnish is quite complicated for foreign people. The words change quite a bit when you talk about he/her or about you or I etc.

Well here is something:
Hi / Hello = Moi / Terve / Moro

citation :
also slang-terminology is different at each city/town+it changes all the time.

Yes true. That's what makes it even harder for foreign people. Even I hear sometimes new words I don't know what they mean and have to ask :D And the way we speak in the south is so much different from west/east/north. They have all developed theyr own styles (and some words) and we can recognize when someone is from other part of the country.

Thursday 05 August 2010 - 21:17:53
I know Finnish :D

Friday 03 December 2010 - 10:37:10
Kyllä, täällä on myös suomalaisiakin jäseniä.

For example, that sentence Means same as "yes, there´s also finnish members"

I would be pleased to teach you whatever you want to learn.

Suomalaiset metallin hengen jäsenet pistäkää vaan frendirequa.

Thursday 30 December 2010 - 15:22:49
why don't you start with basics then?
for example, how to pronounce ö or ä and so on.