Ready... action! >> Favourite Anime Movies/Series?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 30 May 2009 - 18:44:14
Well, there is only one person from this forum I know that manifests interest for Anime (until now) and that person is CreatioExMateria. But I thought some other members might like it too.

Anyway, my favourite Anime movies and series are:

Death Note;
Elfen Lied;
Trinity Blood;
Darker Than Black;
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust;
Neon Genesis Evangelion;
Hellsing;
Serial Experiments: Lain;
Berserk;
Blue Seed;
Boogiepop Phantom;
Fullmetal Alchemist;
Akira;
Chrono Crusade;
Grave of The Fireflies.

Tuesday 02 June 2009 - 20:50:49
Oh gods, Grave of the Fireflies nearly made me cry!
I love Akira, Again it has a Sad yet somehow uplifting ending. It hits so many emotions! I have a glorious little boxset containing Akira, Ghost In The Shell (which you know I love, it's an incredible animé!) and Ninja Scroll. Although I must say I'm not too fond of the last one!

Tuesday 02 June 2009 - 21:29:55
GITS and GITS Innocence. Pretty good choice and most of all awesome soundtracks. Most epic music.

Vampire Hunter D for me too though I wish there were more.

Death Note. Obviously even though it was sometimes too much 'smart ass' for me.

Akira. Yes, and yes again.

And gee, even though I'm probably too Old for this, I love Naruto (both manga and anime). It's like a drug and I need my weekly fix.

Tuesday 02 June 2009 - 23:39:23
Oh but how I Despise Narutards!

Tuesday 02 June 2009 - 23:43:10
No worries though I don't own a headband nor have fallen in love with Sakura or Hinata (or Sasuke... eek).

Spirit Of Metal No Jutsu!

Wednesday 03 June 2009 - 00:14:54
Oh gods, Sasuke-lovers make me want to Smash my Head on a desk, lol. Or on second thought, theirs.

OT: Where did you get that emote!? :D

Wednesday 03 June 2009 - 00:26:36

Wednesday 03 June 2009 - 00:28:12
Oh cool, thanks!

And back to topic!

So have you seen the GITS series? The tachikomai are ridiculously cute.

Wednesday 03 June 2009 - 00:35:41
Damn I didn't even know they made series Out of GITS. That basically shows the extent of my interest here (besides Naruto obviously).

You say it's cute but is it worth it? I'm afraid I don't see the point of making series Out of GITS. The movies were sometimes a bit too Abstract so I can imagine the series going way way way over my Head (could be even worse, if they'd put in some like intellectual fillers ).

Thursday 04 June 2009 - 21:22:23
Actually, they're completely different! The series is much simpler and requires a lot less thinking.