Black Metal >> Depressive/Suicidal Black Metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 03 December 2009 - 23:26:28
so, what about Depressive/Suicidal black metal?
do u like them? if YES, which Bands/Albums/Songs do u like and why?

if u haven't listened any of them before, ask me and I'll upload some albums from my collection

Friday 04 December 2009 - 00:15:47
well, i wouldn't necessarily describe ambiant Black Metal as 'depressive' or 'suicidal'. personally, i find Heavy Metal much more depressing than any black/death metal out there. i listen to Alcest and Blut Aus Nord and find their sound to have a sentimentality and timelessness to it and to me, that's anything but depressing.

Friday 04 December 2009 - 00:27:42

citation :
northern_spirit says : well, i wouldn't necessarily describe ambiant Black Metal as 'depressive' or 'suicidal'. personally, i find Heavy Metal much more depressing than any black/death metal out there. i listen to Alcest and Blut Aus Nord and find their sound to have a sentimentality and timelessness to it and to me, that's anything but depressing.

Alcest isn't depressing music at all. it's just mixture of Black Metal, Post Punk and Sheogaze with very slightly elements of Depressive music and it's quite beautiful music, very beautiful.

but there are many bands/projects, which sounds really depressive.

for example Eohl, Through The Pain, Thy Light, Silencer, Cold World, Death Aura and so on.

Friday 04 December 2009 - 03:51:30
Burzum can be pretty depressing.

Friday 04 December 2009 - 07:45:40

citation :
Metalhistorian says : Burzum can be pretty depressing.

Varg is pioner of this music. I mean Ambient/Depressive music.
and a good news for them, who likes his music: New article by Varg Vikernes A Burzum Story: Part X - The White
GOD about forthcoming album "Den Hvite Guden" (The White GOD) to be released in Spring 2010.

Friday 04 December 2009 - 23:07:34

citation :
The_Philosopher says :
Alcest isn't depressing music at all. it's just mixture of Black Metal, Post Punk and Sheogaze with very slightly elements of Depressive music and it's quite beautiful music, very beautiful.

but there are many bands/projects, which sounds really depressive.

for example Eohl, Through The Pain, Thy Light, Silencer, Cold World, Death Aura and so on.

ah. a bit of genre confusion there. i haven't listened to much Black Metal, to be honest. however, i have very rescently started listening to Gorgoroth and am liking them much more than i thought i would. i just checked out Silencer and ColdWorld, the first of which seems almost surrealist (at least by their videos), and the second of which actually sounds to me a lot like Alcest, just with a bit of screaming added :P

Friday 04 December 2009 - 23:27:51
Silencer was a great band, their vocalist Nattramn was declared mentally unstable and has been placed in an asylum. I don't think he's allowed to make any more music with the band Silencer because it "furthers his depression". there's also alot of rumors surrounding him, some people say that he's working on writing a book now. i dunno for sure about that though.

Friday 04 December 2009 - 23:53:32
oh, wow. interesting stuff. it seems disturbing music sometimes does come from rather Disturbed people...interesting how that works..(no Sarcasm intended)

Friday 04 December 2009 - 23:57:28
oh my god. my words are all turning into band refs..how do i stop it from doing that?

Saturday 05 December 2009 - 04:12:50

citation :
northern_spirit says : oh my god. my words are all turning into band refs..how do i stop it from doing that?

its normal, no worries.

Else here, i love this type of music.

Some that i listen :

Coldword
Nocturnal Depression ( especially nostalgia of course )
Aaskeireia
Hypothermia
Lurker Of Chalice
Nilfheim
Gris ( yes of course )
Wedard ( only some i'd consider depressiv / bm )
Inmitten Des Waldes
Oubliette

And a lot more, i can't think of atm.