Discussions about Music >> Can someone listen and review my EP? I'm on SoM
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 05 May 2023 - 19:37:06

I'm 16 yo and i'm "Frank Philip Barge" on spirit of metal(this is my solo project, i released Nu Metal EP in 2022 on Spotify etc.). Can someone review this EP? Thanks in advance! From Poland!

Monday 08 May 2023 - 21:38:01

Hi Frank,

First I'm not a reviewer or a big fan of nu-metal, but I did go to spotlfy and check out your music because everyone deserves some feedback.  I've been doing music a very long time and I'll do my best to help if I can.  That being said here it goes...

I think overall it's a strong effort and while not my thing I think you've done it well.  I do think your drum lead ins are a bit long and if it were me I'd tighten that up and get into the song quicker.  The vocals need polish, they were a little harsh and not always in key imo.  Also bring the solos up a bit they're kinda lost in the mix,  Those were the only things that jumped out to me as an average listener, not into Nu Metal so I don't have anyone to compare you to so I might be off base and if so I apologize for the critique.  

You're young and your story is just begining, I wish you the best of luck.

Take care,

Joe

https://joerobinson2.bandcamp.com/

Wednesday 10 May 2023 - 08:09:42

OMG! Thanks for review! 

Don't apologize, everyone can have its own opinion :D ! I can tell that i'm working on debut album i plan to be much more groove metal, although there will be up to 2 nu songs. Everything that's in my biography is true! Anyway, thanks dude!

"I've got no more goddamn regrets" - fear factory