About Spirit of Metal >> Bands with wrong sub genres
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 28 June 2021 - 16:49:45

I have noticed that some bands on this site seem to be wrongly labled when it comes to thier metal style.

Such as Motorhead who most people would label as Speed Metal or just plain old Heavy Metal, But here they are labled as Hard Rock but alot of bands are labled Hard Rock even though they shouldn't mainly glam metal bands.

But the oddest decison I've seen is that Pantera is labled as Power metal. How is Pantera Power metal?  In the 80's they were glam but in the 90's til the end of their carrer they were Groove metal and pretty much the creators of it.(just look up any top best groove metal albums/bands they are always there)

Friday 20 August 2021 - 02:58:46
CoolBoy97 says :
I have noticed that some bands on this site seem to be wrongly labled when it comes to thier metal style.

Such as Motorhead who most people would label as Speed Metal or just plain old Heavy Metal, But here they are labled as Hard Rock but alot of bands are labled Hard Rock even though they shouldn't mainly glam metal bands.

But the oddest decison I've seen is that Pantera is labled as Power metal. How is Pantera Power metal?  In the 80's they were glam but in the 90's til the end of their carrer they were Groove metal and pretty much the creators of it.(just look up any top best groove metal albums/bands they are always there)

exactly!! I think the same about, can we correct the bands' genres?

Friday 20 August 2021 - 03:45:16

It does not seem like you can edit the style's I think only mods can do that.

Maybe if you report an error a mod could change it.(I don't know)

Tuesday 14 September 2021 - 07:58:57

I'm not too concerned with the genres. I know what I like when I hear it! It bothers me more when a band's discography is incomplete or they have an album listed that belongs to a different band. So many bands with similar names and it gets a bit crazy. Everybody makes mistakes and I try to report the errors when i see them.