Folk & Viking Metal >> Are there the fans of folk,viking and pagan metal?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 13 February 2009 - 02:09:27
Write here about your favourite bands in these genres, what is the best as for you in these genres, what are your favourite music instruments of these genres and about everything, that you find interesting in them!

Friday 13 February 2009 - 08:12:00
I voted for viking metal.Dont know much bands of the kind but my favorites are : Bathory (of course),Wintersun and Tyr.

Friday 13 February 2009 - 11:46:18
I voted for Pagan metal, I like it most of all.Bathory rules - the foundators of the genre, Tyr is pretty nice too, progressive Viking Metal from faroe islands, there are dificult guitar reefs and a powerful Voice on the vocals.

Friday 13 February 2009 - 11:54:21

citation :
Svarogh say :Bathory rules - the foundators of the genre

Thats true,they are great indeed.Its a shame Quorthon died, they could have continued their success.And i find the Progressive-Viking metal combination great thats why i like Tyr.About Pagan metal, which are the best bands in your opinion?

Friday 13 February 2009 - 12:12:27
Most of my favourite Pagan metal bands are Ukrainian, Russian or Belarussian here are they: Chur, Anthropolatri, Temnozor', Svarga, Arkona, Alkonost, Kroda, Natural Spirit, Velimor, Totenkopf, Pagan Reign, Kamaedzitca, Znich, Kroda, Dub Buk, Pagan Land, Tini Zabutyh Predkiv, Munruthel, Nokturnal Mortum, Dragobrath, Warhead, Branikald....And there are some of European bands: Kampfar, Skyforger, Elite, Falkenbach, Adorned Brood, Vintersorg, The Stone, Zrec, etc

Wednesday 18 February 2009 - 18:51:26
Heilsa!
So, Bathory, Tyr and other great bands you've showed here aren't all of the genre. For example, what do you say about Moonsorrow, Amon Amarth and Eluveitie? What do you think about their style and lyrics?

Wednesday 18 February 2009 - 18:56:51

citation :
Jannie say : Heilsa!
So, Bathory, Tyr and other great bands you've showed here aren't all of the genre. For example, what do you say about Moonsorrow, Amon Amarth and Eluveitie? What do you think about their style and lyrics?

Hi and welcome to the site. 
Moonsorrow are great.About Amon Amarth i always thought they were a kind of death metal.The same thing about Eluveitie.Correct me if i am wrong 0

Wednesday 18 February 2009 - 19:13:58
Thanks

Yes, you're right about Amon Amarth's style. But in my opinion the lyrics of this band is so close to pagan/viking... Don't you think so?

Eluveitie's music, full of ethnic instruments, also great. Their lyrics also close to Pagan theme (druidic).

Wednesday 18 February 2009 - 20:58:23
I voted for Viking metal. My favorite album is Moonsorrow's "Voimasta ja kuniasta" - the best album I ever heard. Amon Amarth is also one of my most favorite bands, and their lyrics are unique. I agree with Jannie - their lyrics are closer to Viking. 

Thursday 19 February 2009 - 08:19:48

citation :
Jannie say : Thanks

Yes, you're right about Amon Amarth's style. But in my opinion the lyrics of this band is so close to pagan/viking... Don't you think so?

Yes, you are right.They are great anyway.