Eluveitie clearly belongs to the fast growing Pagan Metal-scene, anyhow brings some "fresh air" into it. Eluveitie's sound is traditional, authentic celtic Folk Music combined in a unique way with modern styled Melodic Death Metal, strongly influenced by the classic Göthenburg Sound.
Originally formed by Mastermind Chrigel Glanzmann in winter 2002 as a mere studio-project, the first EP "Vên" was recorded in 2003, already unique in it's way of having the Folk-Part being on an equal footing with the Metal-Instruments. This self-financed MCD was ardently received by the scene, zines etc. and sold out within a few Months. In 2004 Eluveitie signed to the dutch label Fear Dark Records, which released a re-mastered (and partly re-recorded) version of "Vên", and continued as a "real" band, playing gigs together with bands such as Cruachan, Korpiklaani and Skyforger.
Although many line-up changes still had to happen, Eluveitie grew into being a band, and developed it's very own style, formed by the many different influences of nine musicians rooted in different styles of music. In late 2005, Eluveitie was finally ready to enter the studio and record their first full-lenght Album, to be released on Fear Dark Records again. With "Spirit" , Eluveitie goes a big step forward, presenting a completely new style of Folk Metal to the scene - starting a new wave of Folk Metal!
- Eluveitie is formed in Winter 2002 by Chrigel Glanzmann
- Eluveitie records the first, self financed EP "Vên"in
- "Vên" is released in October 2003
- After "Vên" gets unexpected huge response, Eluveitie
decides to continue as a "real" band
- In February a first gig is played together with Skyforger,
Menhir & Trimonium
- In May 2004 Eluveitie signs with holland's Fear Dark
- Fear Dark releases a Remastered Edition of "Vên"
- Eluveitie plays the Fear Dark Festivals in Holland and
Germany together with Slechtvalk, Random Eyes and Pantokrator (first international live appearance)
- After months of Songwriting, Eluveitie enters the Studio
to record their first full-lenght Record "Spirit" in December,
again for Fear Dark Records
- Eluveitie gets confirmed as co-Headliner for the Fear
Dark Festivals 2006
- In January Recordings and mixing of the new Album
- The Album gets mastered at the dutch Mailmen studios
- The Release Date for "Spirit" is set to June 1st, 2006.
de site officiel URL:http://www.eluveitie.ch/en/?view=biography