General Discussions / Chit-Chat >> What song got you into metal?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 24 January 2013 - 20:02:53
Im planning to make a website called the metal experience (if not taken)which is hopefully gonna be a website with a playlist of tracks that got most people into metal to try and convert people from crappy chart music.

Friday 25 January 2013 - 17:08:24

citation :
metaltillidie says : Im planning to make a website called the metal experience (if not taken)which is hopefully gonna be a website with a playlist of tracks that got most people into metal to try and convert people from crappy chart music.

Dude, most of the stuff that got people into metal IS crappy chart music. I've heard of a Ton of people who first got into metal because of Enter Sandman and shit like that.

Anyway, my first metal song was when I was 10. It was Du Hast by Rammstein. Yet again another chart-topper (in Europe). Plus there are a Ton of better songs out there by Rammstien.
I could give you a list of a bunch of my favourite songs from when I was that age, if you want.

Saturday 26 January 2013 - 17:43:51
I'm new to this forum so hello everyone!
Anyway... InfinityZero pretty much hit the nail on the head: I think the first time I really heard metal was when I listened to Metallica's Black Album around the age of 10 or 11! Sad But True, Don't Tread On Me...all crushing riffs! It is one of their more commercial albums but the music is top-notch regardless - some of the best heavy music Ever created in my opinion! Having said that, I'm not a Die Hard Metallica fan, I just enjoy a good deal of their music. I also love Pantera - I definitely went through a phase of being obsessed with them! They are the band that really got me into metal per say - I remember listening to their 'best of' album, Reinventing Hell, for the second time and thinking 'man, this is actually very, very good'...then I heard The Great Southern Trendkill and was shocked by how heavy and Extreme it was, or at least it seemed so to me at the time as I had not heard much metal previously!
Cowboys from Hell, Cemetery Gates and The Sleep were some of my early favourites, and what got me hooked on Dimebag's phenomenal guitar playing. Before that it was mostly Hard Rock like AC/DC, Deep Purple, Led Zep etc, with a bit of Joe Satriani in the mix.
So it was Pantera who opened the doors for me to start getting  into heavier stuff - now it's Gojira and Devin Townsend, but still with a healthy dose of Hard Rock from the likes of Kamchatka from Sweden :-)

Saturday 26 January 2013 - 22:12:29
No I mean like modern chart music that crap.

Saturday 26 January 2013 - 23:54:30

citation :
metaltillidie says : No I mean like modern chart music that crap.

Metallica's Black Album is crap! 0

Thursday 14 February 2013 - 21:13:36
I started listening to as i lay dying. The first song was 94 hours. <3

Monday 25 February 2013 - 17:22:42
Undoubtedly, it was You really got me (The Kinks)!!!

Monday 25 February 2013 - 18:17:00
Hmm I think it was "Mein Herz Brennt" by Rammstein about 4 years ago. Then I thought they have very good and intelligent lyrics... but when I look back... just pseudo-shocking stuff who can impress a 13 year old guy like I was this time. I don't listen to Rammstein today but when I suddenly hear a song of them somewhere, I feel quite nostalgic.

Monday 25 February 2013 - 19:08:48
Actually, I still think Rammstien is pretty decent, other than their latest album which wasn't that great. I still love the albums Rosenrot and Sehnsucht, though.

Friday 05 April 2013 - 07:31:34
I'd say some of the tracks from Leftovercracks mediocre generica gave me an ear for metal