Discussions about Music >> Unanimously awesome bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 23 January 2013 - 13:36:10
Hey everyone

This is The One topic, whose sole purpose is to find a single band that everyone likes/enjoys. The implication of this thread is to find bands which could serve as a gateway to other genres or using these bands to introduce people to metal.

Rules;
Each member can propose a band(s) that he/she thinks everyone will like and other members will evaluate the band. However, if a member dislikes a band, they must justify their reasoning(this is so we don't have any party poopers here). If you're going to propose a band, it would be helpful if you suggested a song to go with the band (a youtube link will do).

I propose Alcest

Your thoughts?

Wednesday 23 January 2013 - 19:56:40
Great thread.

The atmosphere, everything was just there, first time I have Ever listened to Alcest and wow am I impressed. My entry Vaakevandring

All the songs they Ever created in the video.
00:00 - 01. Fader Vaar
06:42 - 02. Some Day
10:55 - 03. Og Sorgen Stilnet I Smertens Vann
17:04 - 04. To Find The Eternal Peace
21:36 - 05. Fall Of Man (Bonus)

Thursday 24 January 2013 - 12:47:32
I must say, Vaakevandring is excellent!

I love how the intro has a lot of scope, it sets the scene for the EP very well. Then I like it jumps straight into an almost folky tone.

Needless to say the rest of the EP is awesome as well.

I guess the Two of us makes this decision unanimous

Friday 01 February 2013 - 14:47:27
I would like to make another proposition... a risky one.

How does everyone go on Amia Venera Landscape. I discovered this band 2 years ago and I was instantly hooked. I love The Long Procession as much now, as when I first heard it. I want to share them with you

Metalcore with a touch of the crushing elements from post-metal.

Saturday 02 February 2013 - 17:51:43
radman, have you Ever listened to an Australian band called Widow the Sea? I Forgot what part of the Island you're from, but I think they're from Queensland and are one of the best Melodic/Technical Death metal/core bands I've Ever heard.

Sunday 03 February 2013 - 02:37:45
I'm not seeing anything hugely interesting about Vakkevandring. They don't sound unique to me, and they lack hook riffs. Oh, and the keyboards and vocals are WAY too high in the mix. Other than that, they're pretty decent, but I think they play so inside the box that it's hard to even say they're bad because they're trying to conform to Black Metal cliches.

Friday 08 March 2013 - 21:48:39
Lykathea Aflame released only one album, but is it one of the best Death Metal albums ever.

I just post the entire album as I don't have a favorite song as they are all as good as each other.

Tracklist:
1. Land Where Sympathy Is Air 0:00
2. To Become Shelter And Salvation 5:50
3. Bringer Of Elvenefris Flame 10:27
4. Flowering Entities 16:29
5. To Give 22:16
6. On The Way Home 26:16
7. Shine Of Consolation 32:55
8. Sadness And Strength 36:36
9. A Step Closer 44:44
10. An Old Man And A Child 52:05
11. Walking In The Garden Of Ma'at 1:00:58

Sunday 10 March 2013 - 05:56:06
I don't understand the point of this thread (seeing as there are tons of metal fans out there that Despise Alcest and think Neige is a whiny pussy, and they're more of an oddball niche band that is not at all representative of the general tastes of metal fans although I love them) but I'll play along nonetheless.

Two bands in my travels Far and wide whom I have rarely, if Ever seen anything but praise for are Bolt Thrower and Summoning. That makes sense, as if you don't dig what these boys are layin' Down I question if you are even into metal. I mean, goddamn:

that is off of what most people consider to be one of their WORST albums.

words are irrelevant

Sunday 10 March 2013 - 07:19:15
Well... obviously, not every single metal fan will like a band (there always has to be one party pooper ) But I'm sure the small group of us should be able to find some band we all like in common (well, that's the goal anyway)

Sunday 10 March 2013 - 07:25:55
Excuse the double post, but in my opinion the extra attention is worth noticing.

One other band I think everyone here might enjoy is Grey Waters. An Australian band playing a weird combination of post-rock and what almost sounds like some kind of indie rock. Although they have a few Black Metal style screams here and there, for some dumbass reason they're listed here as avant-garde black

black metal or not, I hope you enjoy it