Nerds Central >> UFOs & Unexplained Phenomena
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Do you think science can explain everything?
Obviously yes...
No, there are somethings in this world that science cannot explain

Monday 22 August 2011 - 09:34:06
do you think science cannot explain everything? what are some cases where there aren't anything traces of evidence?

share your thoughts

Monday 22 August 2011 - 09:38:51
Most UFO's are things that are misconcepted by unknowing spectators. they mistake flights of birds, planes,... for spacecraft. 99,99% can be proven by checking date, time,... by a professional institution. Don't forget the confessions of hoaxes either.

Science can prove pretty much nowadays but I still think there will be a certain border we'll reach one day.
Perhaps we'll find the Origin of Universe etc. But I doubt we'll ever traval at the speed of light or create a costum- made human or even Stretch the length of human life (150+ years average)

Monday 22 August 2011 - 19:20:03
Faster-than-light travel would be close to impossible, but we may find a way, you never know.

As for the origins of the universe: the LHC is coming close to representations of the "Big Bang", so we're close to finding that.

And Panzer, by modifying telomeres in our DNA, we could lengthen our lives. Problem is, that would be extremely dangerous. So it is plausible to lengthen human life.

Monday 22 August 2011 - 19:28:07
Stephen Hawking has pretty much summed up where the Universe came from and used evidence to support his claims. He's also had theories on time-travel and the like... I suggest someone find his vids on youtube, they're mesmerizing.

Monday 22 August 2011 - 19:33:02

citation :
InfinityZero says : Stephen Hawking has pretty much summed up where the Universe came from and used evidence to support his claims. He's also had theories on time-travel and the like... I suggest someone find his vids on youtube, they're mesmerizing.

I've seen them. They're all great stuff.

Monday 22 August 2011 - 20:55:02

citation :
Mercenarion says : Faster-than-light travel would be close to impossible, but we may find a way, you never know.

As for the origins of the universe: the LHC is coming close to representations of the "Big Bang", so we're close to finding that.

And Panzer, by modifying telomeres in our DNA, we could lengthen our lives. Problem is, that would be extremely dangerous. So it is plausible to lengthen human life.

I know about the changes in DNA might lengthen our life span but I also knew the risks. I strongly doubt science would Risk humans by experimenting with this

Monday 22 August 2011 - 20:59:13

citation :
Panzerjager says :

citation :
Mercenarion says : Faster-than-light travel would be close to impossible, but we may find a way, you never know.

I know about the changes in DNA might lengthen our life span but I also knew the risks. I strongly doubt science would Risk humans by experimenting with this

If they get cloning to work (probably won't), it may happen.

Tuesday 23 August 2011 - 00:54:54
I dunno if Science has ALL the answers, but it sure as Hell has more than anything else floating around out there. Scientific discoveries have exponentially helped advance the human race in the last 50 years, and at this going rate, we'll have probly made groundbreaking achievements in DNA alteration and space exploration within the next 10 years.

Tuesday 23 August 2011 - 01:22:37

citation :
Demogorefest says : Scientific discoveries have exponentially helped advance the human race in the last 50 years.

I would say the last 350 years. From Isaac Newton to Frank Whittle, James Watt to Isambard Kingdom Brunel, and Joseph Banks to Rosalind Franklin, and many more great minds.

Tuesday 23 August 2011 - 10:32:02

citation :
Mercenarion says :

citation :
Panzerjager says :

citation :

If they get cloning to work (probably won't), it may happen.

It would be done then by a form of replacing the old body with a new one, o something in those lines, or making younger versions of an old person.