Slipknot (USA-1) >> Slipknot (USA-1) : Band plays live for the first time since passing of Bassist Paul Gray
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 18 June 2011 - 13:44:41
Slipknot’s first live concert since passing of bassist Paul Gray (May 24) took place yesterday (June 17) during the famous Sonicsphere festival at Terravibe Park, Athens. The show counted with 25,000 fans.

Gray’s Red jumpsuit, Mask and bass guitar were placed symbolically in the back of the Apollo Stage alongside the band members, who were wearing matching Red jumpsuits and old style masks to represent the band’s classic image.

Doonie Steele, a former Slipknot guitarist from the band’s early days, played bass  during the show while remaining hidden from the audience’s view.

To mark the significance of the occasion, frontman Taylor took a moment to state the following to the public: "It's been a long time. Hello Athens, how are you? As you know, tonight is very emotional show for us but it is not, NOT, a Negative day. It is a positive day. A day for celebration. This is our first show — with you. Are you having a good time and will you celebrate with us today?" Later in the show, he added, "This is very hard for us but he would have wanted us to come out with you all and celebrate his life. So will you all help me sing a song for my brother? Can you do that, Athens? Sing so loud so he can hear us because he is here with us tonight. Can you feel it?" In The End of the memorable show, more words were said: "Thank you all for spending this night with us. You'll never know how much this Means, Athens."

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. (sic)
02. Eyeless
03. Wait And Bleed
04. The Blister Exists
05. Liberate
06. Before I Forget
07. Pulse Of The Maggots
08. Disasterpiece
09. Psychosocial
10. The Heretic Anthem
11. Duality
12. Spit It Out
13. People = Shit
Surfacing

Saturday 13 August 2011 - 18:45:30
I'm glad slipknot have appeared on stage after 2 years in hiding i think that its was very Brave of them to come out and do this.

I found the way put paul's Mask and jump suit were put on the back of the stage. also the tribute by band by wearing the original masks and jumpsuits

R.I.P Paul Gray

Monday 05 September 2011 - 09:40:11
support our band indonesian Death Metal. thanks

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SUICIDE-SQUAD/136913426333391