Jabladav >> Re-release of PRIMLAND
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 18 October 2008 - 05:59:43
PRIMLAND has been re-pressed in a limited number of 100 cdrs of both discs that make up JABLADAV's PRIMLAND.

Info can be found at www.jabladav.com or www.aquariusrecords.org

This review from "Rate your Music" fits well:

"How much more black could it be? None..."

"With this opening Voice sample we get an indication of what Mr. Jabladav is trying to achieve. With this release - a Black Metal disc and a dark ambient one encased in a grotty wooden box, formerly sealed and with scratches and wear as if it had been the secret repository of a hermit in a Hole deep In The Woods, where precious bits of rock, shiny fluff, and perhaps pieces of the true Cross were stored - our student continues to learn well from his sensei guides: Varg Vikernes for the murky structure, and Greg Ginn and his wall-of-sound punk guitar for substance. And 'black' here doesn't mean Bleak, there is enough of an emphasis on experimental and even anarchic stylings to be too grim. The Darkness is still there, it's just behind the drawn curtains that overlook the nice park where the children play. (Indeed, soon the trolls will march out.) Vocals are downplayed in favor of pure grind and erection of the frame that will hold that oh-so-wonderful noise we embrace Black Metal for. But it's not all concentrated thrash, "Ecxcelerate Slackandre" begins as a pleasant '60s to early '70s sunny-day 'choon that descends (ascends?) to a fusion-esque jam where playing with knives is the norm, and thereafter turns into a well-metered, epic-feeling study in the best melding of good riffs and corpsepaint attitude. There is some jumping of recording levels between songs so be conscious of the volume knob, but this is not necessarily a bad thing as rawness often equals passion, Desire, or more concern for the Power or impact of the music than the housekeeping.

In supreme contrast to the voluminous gnashing of The Black metal, the ambient disc progresses in a somnolent, symphonic style, with electroninc and organic (piano!) instrumentation interweaving ever-so-slowly. All paced and long (which I adore), unafraid to reduce to almost nothingness at times; waves unfolding then retreating; sometimes middling, sometimes thoughtfully beautiful; the grit of feedback and the smoothness of the synthesized croon; but always ineffably pretty without being frantic. "In Awe of My Homeland" seems to center this whole production, proclaiming beauty through less, and when I allow the whole to wash over me I notice how oddly well the ambience meshes with the sounds outside my dock office door of a Morning - even the over-wrought hip-hop thump of a soon-to-be-worthless car chassis, or just revved motors, horns, the whir of the light rail, or the brush of the breezes in the trees. Everything melds together, including the previous harsh black buzz, all of a feel. Keep up the good work sir, and maybe one day people of distinctive taste will be saying 'Jabladavian' alongside 'Burzumic'."

-Jabladav