Sludge/Stoner/Doom Metal >> Opinions on Post-Metal?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 13 January 2011 - 22:54:29
I love the genre, although its extremely over-looked even by the most die-hard metalheads, and many aren't even aware of its Existence unfortunately.

Thursday 13 January 2011 - 22:59:50
I freaking love post-metal. The Ocean, Rosetta, Intronaut, Cult Of Luna, Neurosis, Russian Circles, Callisto, Amen Ra, Sólstafir (new album is kind of), Year Of No Light, Fall Of Efrafa, etc...

Never got into Isis though.

I really don't know why it is overlooked at all. It is such a great genre. Maybe it has to do with the post-rock influence.

Friday 14 January 2011 - 00:35:17
I only like The Ocean, Cult Of Luna and Isis.
Are Sólstafir really Post-Metal?

Friday 14 January 2011 - 00:44:51

citation :
psycho_metal says : I only like The Ocean, Cult Of Luna and Isis.
Are Sólstafir really Post-Metal?

Sound like it on some songs. Kind of a mix of Stoner, post, psychedelic stuff.

Friday 14 January 2011 - 14:35:30
'kay. They just seem so weird that I can't label them. Can you name me some Post-Metal songs of them?

Friday 14 January 2011 - 21:51:45

These are the two best examples.

Saturday 15 January 2011 - 01:48:45
Thanks man

Wednesday 23 February 2011 - 22:43:32
I Despise the term and I don't use it at all, but a couple of the bands are fairly decent. They're just not quite my thing when it comes to metal.

Thursday 02 August 2012 - 11:14:28

citation :
Loudpipes says : I Despise the term and I don't use it at all, but a couple of the bands are fairly decent. They're just not quite my thing when it comes to metal.

Im soo so glad im not the only one, i LOVE Isis and i like The Ocean, but the term needs to go