Discussions about Music >> Non-metal lovers: what do we call them?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 21 May 2012 - 18:43:45
Does anyone have a word for people who just don't get metal. Because I was wondering if I should make one up.

Tuesday 22 May 2012 - 13:40:10
I think they're called... non-metal lovers, yeah thats it.

Seriously though, I'm not sure if there really is a term to describe a non-metal lover, perhaps "poor conductors" (that was a joke )

Tuesday 22 May 2012 - 22:46:49
There's poser for sure, but I think that should be reserved for ones that thing they're metal fans, and don't really get the Culture outside the apparal

Tuesday 22 May 2012 - 23:10:38
Oh you're talking about those who think they are accepted in the metal society, but aren't. Well,a poser is someone who trys oh so very hard to fit in by being someone they're not. I don't really think this describes people who "think" they listen to metal (I'm not sure if you're simply refering to screamo, Hard Rock & Hardcore punk fans here). But that's just being ignorant... not being a poser.

Also, I KNOW I'm a metal fan, but I don't get "the culture" outside the "apparal". I don't have no interest in the Culture, all I know is that I enjoy listening to metal and not giving a shit about what anyone says. Also, I do enjoy going to metal performances but I guess that still falls within the apparal.

...I don't have to Burn a church to prove myself loyal do thy thee metal right?

So to sum up, all non-metal fans who think they're metal fans but aren't are called... rock fans!

Wednesday 23 May 2012 - 02:22:59
why don't we just call them by their fuckin' names?

Wednesday 23 May 2012 - 13:38:36

citation :
Dragonscorn says: Does anyone have a word for people who just don't get metal. Because I was wondering if I should make one up.

Wednesday 23 May 2012 - 13:41:28
I think your link is broken mate

Wednesday 23 May 2012 - 13:51:05
Posers?? Non metal people?? Wtf?

Somebody is hired to ask stupid questions

Wednesday 23 May 2012 - 23:20:23
Hmmm, this question is better off on Yahoo answers than here

Thursday 24 May 2012 - 05:07:04
This question is better off remaining in the minds of the idiots that ask them.

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team