Musicians >> Inhales vs Exhales
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Inward Or Outward
Inward
Outward
I don't like either
Both
I don't care

Monday 02 May 2011 - 02:29:00
A lot people have a strong opinion on this topic for some reason. Personally I don't care because different styles of vocals can sound different amongst different people and are suited to different genres of metal.

But people around say that Inward screaming is the pussy way to scream/growl.

What do you think? 

Monday 02 May 2011 - 02:44:50
The terms are inhales and exhales, to be exact

I definitely prefer exhales. They sound more natural. Inhales can be very good if done for certain instances.

For example, not even Death Metal, System Of A Down was playing the song "War?". At one point in the song, Serj made an extremely deep inhale. It was perfect for that one moment.

Now, Silent Descent on the other hand uses inhales on all of their songs. It sounds very, very strange, but not in a good way.

All in all, inhales should be used only during certain instances. Exhales for entire songs.

Monday 02 May 2011 - 03:53:24
over the years i've sorta gotten the "hang" of doing outward Death Metal vocals (i'm able to growl along with the entire Dechristianize song now, which i'm very proud of). If you've had your tonsils removed, then doing outward vocals is nearly impossible because apparently along with a diaphragm, somehow your tonsils play a major role in "outward" vocals.
Inward vocals tend to get on my nerves, especially that "Bree Bree" shit. it just sounds lame to me

Monday 02 May 2011 - 03:57:34

citation :
Demogorefest says : over the years i've sorta gotten the "hang" of doing outward Death Metal vocals (i'm able to growl along with the entire Dechristianize song now, which i'm very proud of). If you've had your tonsils removed, then doing outward vocals is nearly impossible because apparently along with a diaphragm, somehow your tonsils play a major role in "outward" vocals.
Inward vocals tend to get on my nerves, especially that "Bree Bree" shit. it just sounds lame to me

Yeah, I don't get why bands even try to do the bree shit. It is just annoying.

And you're able to growl all of Dechristianize? Hell yeah!

Monday 02 May 2011 - 04:01:41

citation :
Mercenarion says :

citation :
Demogorefest says : over the years i've sorta gotten the "hang" of doing outward Death Metal vocals (i'm able to growl along with the entire Dechristianize song now, which i'm very proud of). If you've had your tonsils removed, then doing outward vocals is nearly impossible because apparently along with a diaphragm, somehow your tonsils play a major role in "outward" vocals.

Yeah, I don't get why bands even try to do the bree shit. It is just annoying.

And you're able to growl all of Dechristianize? Hell yeah!

yep, took me about 2 months of practice, but i got it Down now... after the second solo my throat feels like sand paper for about a day, so i'm sure i'm doing it wrong somehow0